Newbie, winch windshields and roof
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Newbie, winch windshields and roof within the Member Introduction forums, part of the MaverickForums.net Members category; Hello, Me and my wife are picking up our 19 Maverick Trail 800 tomorrow. we are veterans to motor sports but we have never had ...

Member #

Hello, Me and my wife are picking up our 19 Maverick Trail 800 tomorrow. we are veterans to motor sports but we have never had a sxs or an atv (Boats, snowmobiles, dirt bikes, etc). The dealer is giving us 20% off on any accessories we order when we pick up our maverick.

the accessories we picked out are:

-Can am Full hard coated windshield.
    -Can am Soft rear panel,
    -Can am sport roof
    -a winch, not sure what brand or power yet.

are there any better aftermarket alternatives to the accessories I listed, or is Can am parts pretty dependable?

Any suggestions on winch's? to me a 3500 warn with a synthetic rope is what I want but the price is more then what we want to pay. we plan on doing trail riding, mudding is not our thing. but I do want the reassurance that I have a "plan B" if there is a mud hole in the trail that we need to go threw. would a 2500 lb warn be useless or better yet, are there any other cheaper brands that are also reliable? again, I don't think the winch will be used much.

thanks in advance
    2019 Maverick 800 Trail

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I just put on the Can Am 4500 Winch on my Trail 1000 with cable, cost was 309.00 plus 65.00 for Harness no complaints, I can always switch to synthetic rope later on. Congrats on the new purchase your going to love it.
    Drive It Like You Stole It
    2019 Can AM Maverick DPS 1000 Trail

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Desert somewhere between Wickenburg & Surprise Arizona
    Member #
    Liked
    1233 times
    20% off Can Am's 200% profit margin is NOT a deal. You can buy quality accessories from the vendors on this site for far less than the Stealership is going to charge you, and good chance without sales tax.

Welcome to the forum. Please let us know a bit about you and your past experience in the New Member Introductions section.

Enjoy that new ride, rubberside down ...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    '18 X3 XRC Turbo R + $$$$$$$$

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman51789 View Post
    Hello, Me and my wife are picking up our 19 Maverick Trail 800 tomorrow. we are veterans to motor sports but we have never had a sxs or an atv (Boats, snowmobiles, dirt bikes, etc). The dealer is giving us 20% off on any accessories we order when we pick up our maverick.

the accessories we picked out are:

-Can am Full hard coated windshield.
    -Can am Soft rear panel,
    -Can am sport roof
    -a winch, not sure what brand or power yet.

are there any better aftermarket alternatives to the accessories I listed, or is Can am parts pretty dependable?

Any suggestions on winch's? to me a 3500 warn with a synthetic rope is what I want but the price is more then what we want to pay. we plan on doing trail riding, mudding is not our thing. but I do want the reassurance that I have a "plan B" if there is a mud hole in the trail that we need to go threw. would a 2500 lb warn be useless or better yet, are there any other cheaper brands that are also reliable? again, I don't think the winch will be used much.

thanks in advance
    Welcome and congrats on the Trail.

Having owned one for the last year, I would not go smaller than a 4000lb winch. I have warn on mine, but I have had great experiences with warn and superwinch.

I think the sport roof suited my purposes since the can am accessories fit nice with it. (Overhead switch panel, cab light)

I went with aftermarket windshield as I felt the can am version is too pricey.

Enjoy the ride!

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    3975 times
    Welcome from Tucson AZ. Since this is your first SXS, before you get any of the items you have listed, invest in a good set of harnesses. Then get the other stuff.
    2017 X3 XRS, 2019 X3 XRS

November 2018 Maverick of the Month
    UTV Inc equipped twice with "EVERYTHING"!

Member #
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by AZSteele View Post
    20% off Can Am's 200% profit margin is NOT a deal. You can buy quality accessories from the vendors on this site for far less than the Stealership is going to charge you, and good chance without sales tax.

Welcome to the forum. Please let us know a bit about you and your past experience in the New Member Introductions section.

Enjoy that new ride, rubberside down ...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Is there an easy way to find a list of vendors from this site? I don't mind going that route, I have had very good luck going with vendors from the snowmobile forum that I follow. my trouble is that since ive never been into anything close to UTV's that im lost trying to find places to buy accessories. It seems like google search only brings up places that don't quite seem right.
    2019 Maverick 800 Trail

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Desert somewhere between Wickenburg & Surprise Arizona
    Member #
    Liked
    1233 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman51789 View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

Is there an easy way to find a list of vendors from this site? I don't mind going that route, I have had very good luck going with vendors from the snowmobile forum that I follow. my trouble is that since ive never been into anything close to UTV's that im lost trying to find places to buy accessories. It seems like google search only brings up places that don't quite seem right.
    Sure, simply click the forum link, scroll down to Can Am Supporting Vendors. Plenty to choose from. Or click the following link:

https://www.maverickforums.net/forum...orting-vendors
    '18 X3 XRC Turbo R + $$$$$$$$

Member #
    i bookmarked that page, ill venture to that page to try to get familure with them. i ended up getting getting a can am terra 4500lb winch. the dealer took a total of 30%ish off. he was intested in getting the winch off his shelf. I thought it was a good deal plus I got a bigger winch then what I was going to get. the next thing im looking for is some type of storage. I liked the linq tool box and was thinking of getting that for the bed. on snowmobile's you can sometimes have more then one linq accessory on the tunnel, dose anybody know how the linq system work in the bed of a maverick trail? I cant seem to find any pics were people have maybe mounted 2 small tool boxes.
    2019 Maverick 800 Trail

Member #
    Liked
    274 times
    Buy a glass vented Like ryfab windshield. You will be sorry you wasted money I. A hardcoated plastic that draws dust and scratches.

Sponsored Links