Rotopax Options
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Rotopax Options

This is a discussion on Rotopax Options within the Maverick X3 forums, part of the Can-Am Maverick Forums category; I was wondering what everyone is using to carry spare fuel for the longer rides. After searching and reading all I could find, I'm considering ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Rotopax Options

Member #
    Liked
    250 times

Rotopax Options

I was wondering what everyone is using to carry spare fuel for the longer rides. After searching and reading all I could find, I'm considering mounting a 3-gallon Rotopax to the rear section of the cage using the Axia Alloys mount. Does anyone use this setup and would you mind posting a picture? Strapping down a gas can takes way more valuable real estate in the bed than I care to sacrifice. Any other suggestions are always appreciated. Under seat is a definite NO ! Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    250 times
    anyone.....anyone......Bueller?

Member #
    Liked
    422 times
    Several members here with X3’s use a 2 gallon rotopax under the seats. The standard mount don’t work and the seat must be in the raised position.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Want to do the same thing, have two 3-gallon pax from my former atv. Thinking something like this might work, but my rear box is on back order and want to mount it first to see what room is left.................https://www.utvinc.com/rotopax/utv-i...rotopax-mount/
    Attached Images Attached Images  

'18 Xds Turbo R Triple Black

*CT Race Worx-Monster Bumper,Sliders,Gusset & Upper Shock Mount, Shock Tune*BM-Windshield w/wiper, Vented Roof*Warn 4500-S*Gibson Dual w/cat delete*XMR Snorkel Kit*Upper/Lower Can Am Door Bags*Lonestar Rear Bumper *SD Bushings*Seizmik Pursuit Mirrors *Mudbusters Flares, Rokblokz Trailing Arm Guards*EVO Harnesses*Spike Vented Rear Window*OPT7 50" Curved LED, Black Oak 10" & 2" Cubes LED*NR Switches*32" Carnivore, RM Tusk Teton Beadlock*Rugged Radio/Intercom

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    RotoPax just came out with a roll bar mount.... https://rotopax.com/pax-bar-mount-cl...?category_id=7
    gk325 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    250 times
    The Axia Alloys mount for Rotopax is specifically sized for the X3 cage. That's what got me on the topic. Was hoping someone beat me to it and maybe had a review or pic.
    GloverXRS and Baja like this.

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Another option is the Gas Bag Fuel Safe Bladder from Giant Loop Moto. I have several friends that use them on Baja trips. They are a little pricey though...

Member #
    Liked
    250 times
    A nice option for sure but out of my price range. For that money I could get an aluminum tank for under the seat with a transfer pump.

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    My 2 gal RotoPax fits nice and snug on inside of bar. Hatfield McCoy tested, it doesnt move.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by todo; 07-05-2019 at 02:09 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by todo View Post
    My 2 gal RotoPax fits nice and snug on inside of bar. Hatfield McCoy tested, it doesnt move.
    Looks good, but I would be afraid that if I rolled the vehicle it might be damaged and leak onto the exhaust. I'd rather put them under or behind the seats. Almost every ATV and race related fire I've seen was from fuel leaking onto the exhaust of the vehicle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links