Wheel Bearing Grease Tool
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Wheel Bearing Grease Tool within the Maverick X3 forums, part of the Can-Am Maverick Forums category; Question--I was told the wheel bearings on the X3 are sealed? If so is the wheel bearing tool just filling in the space in front ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Wheel Bearing Grease Tool

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Question--I was told the wheel bearings on the X3 are sealed? If so is the wheel bearing tool just filling in the space in front of the bearing?

Member #
    Liked
    612 times
    The wheel bearing is a double row and there is a gap in the inner race. This is where the grease is injected.
    2019 X3 XRS black, de-stickered, scraper delete, shocks reworked by Tom Morris, pwrTune PV3 stage 3, DJ clutch kit, S&B particle separator, Evo V-Flow, custom exhaust made by myself, Maxxis Liberty 32/10R15 tires on 15x7" OMF non-beadlock wheels.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    so if i understand correctly your greasing the outer ring which doesn't do anything for the bearing?? I know on older 4x4's where the bearing wasn't sealed this would work but if the bearing is sealed your really not doing anything but putting grease where it is not needed?

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Every photo of bearings I've seen are not sealed. Haven't looked at mine yet.
    Tom D.

2018 X3 RS

Member #
    Liked
    612 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snodwg View Post
    so if i understand correctly your greasing the outer ring which doesn't do anything for the bearing?? I know on older 4x4's where the bearing wasn't sealed this would work but if the bearing is sealed your really not doing anything but putting grease where it is not needed?
    No, you do not understand. The outer race is solid, the inner race is split. The grease groove on the tool lines up with the gap in the inner race.
    2019 X3 XRS black, de-stickered, scraper delete, shocks reworked by Tom Morris, pwrTune PV3 stage 3, DJ clutch kit, S&B particle separator, Evo V-Flow, custom exhaust made by myself, Maxxis Liberty 32/10R15 tires on 15x7" OMF non-beadlock wheels.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    3908 times
    Name:  can-am-outlander-renegade-rear-trailing-arm-wheel-bearing-ghn-1.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  28.3 KB
    Scott F likes this.
    2017 X3 XRS

Member #
    Liked
    132 times
    On this topic, does anyone have some advice for getting the rear hubs off? I attempted one side last weekend and even after hitting the axel in with a dead blow hammer (what a guy did on a youtube video), I couldn't get the hub to come out. I was worried if I really got after it with pry bar etc., I'd bend/break something. Thoughts? Thanks.
    X3 X RS Max triple black

Member #
    Liked
    428 times
    SxS bearings are actually 2 bearings back to back in a single housing. The grease is injected into the seam and will come out the outer seals. The grease tool push's out old grease, dirt and water and replaces the old grease with new.
    snodwg likes this.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    3908 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack783 View Post
    On this topic, does anyone have some advice for getting the rear hubs off? I attempted one side last weekend and even after hitting the axel in with a dead blow hammer (what a guy did on a youtube video), I couldn't get the hub to come out. I was worried if I really got after it with pry bar etc., I'd bend/break something. Thoughts? Thanks.
    Not trying to be a smartass or anything, but did you remove the brake caliper?
    2017 X3 XRS

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Odyknuck View Post
    SxS bearings are actually 2 bearings back to back in a single housing. The grease is injected into the seam and will come out the outer seals. The grease tool push's out old grease, dirt and water and replaces the old grease with new.
    So the sealed bearing really isn't sealed??
    Last edited by snodwg; 02-21-2018 at 12:49 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links