Paddle comparisons for X3 - Page 141
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Paddle comparisons for X3

This is a discussion on Paddle comparisons for X3 within the Maverick X3 forums, part of the Can-Am Maverick Forums category; Yes, those are the pictures I was thinking of! Thank you. So any pearls of wisdom on the comparison?...

Page 141 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1435
Like Tree940Likes

Thread: Paddle comparisons for X3

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yes, those are the pictures I was thinking of! Thank you. So any pearls of wisdom on the comparison?

Member #
    Liked
    3521 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor-PeakOffroadPerformance View Post
    Would be minimal. Yes your adding an inch to the wheel but your also losing and inch on the tire. Rubber weighs less than the aluminum but not by much.
    The bead cord is also heavier in the 15s and the 15s that samdcraft uses starts life out as a heavy farm implement tire so they never get super light and they stay stiff. Even on a set of Packard wheels they are 6 lbs more than Tim's Xtreme Tires.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    2018 Can Am Max X3
    POOR MANS MINI TROPHY TRUCK

SKAT-TRAK WARLOCKS THE BEST SAND TIRE EVER. 10 PADDLE XTREME BLADES STAGGERED. 104" ROLL OUT.DWT WHEELS.BLOW BY CATCH CAN.KC GRAVITY 6 LED BAR.EVO STAGE 3 TUNE.EVO CAT DELETE.EVO BIG AIR INTAKE.KWI X34 CLUTCHKIT.TRIPLE X SEATS WITH 3 PERSON REAR BENCH.GALAXY TAB A 10".2X MOTORSPORTS BUMP STEER DELETE TIE ROD KIT.2X MOTORSPORTS GUSSET KIT.WHIPTECH LED LIGHTED WHIPS.NRG Suede Steering Wheel WITH QUICKRELEASE.

Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrpickle View Post
    So how are you liking those tires? Do you have to slow way down when cornering so you don’t blow the bead? (Sarcasm...).

I am really torn right now between the Sandcrafts and the Xtremes. Some non biased reviews between the two would be great.
    I am not 100% sure. Only one trip to Little Sahara on them, it was very hot so crowd was not present. Only racing I did was against by buddies 2019 X3 - bone stock on factory tires. I beat him of course, but I would have liked to have been able to put buses on him, I did not do that.

In terms of riding the dunes, I have no issues with them. We had a blast with them. The only limitation I can see is drifting is not going to happen. But, we corner carved (don't know the correct term) very well, did great in the whoops, and all around had zero issues or concerns. I like to air the thing out, the X3 is terrific in the air and the tires held up great. I'd say we hit 8'-10' in the air many times and jumped a long, long ways. Man, so much fun. Best of luck.

Name:  X3-Jump.png
Views: 56
Size:  613.6 KB
    Last edited by YD-LUZ; 08-20-2019 at 02:51 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    5154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by YD-LUZ View Post
    I am not 100% sure. Only one trip to Little Sahara on them, it was very hot so crowd was not present. Only racing I did was against by buddies 2019 X3 - bone stock on factory tires. I beat him of course, but I would have liked to have been able to put buses on him, I did not do that.

In terms of riding the dunes, I have no issues with them. We had a blast with them. The only limitation I can see is drifting is not going to happen. But, we corner carved (don't know the correct term) very well, did great in the whoops, and all around had zero issues or concerns.

I like to air the thing out. That I did a bunch. Not sure how high, but 8-10' Name:  X3-Jump.png
Views: 56
Size:  613.6 KBin the air and a long distance. Zero issues there as well. I really like how the X3 jumps. A+.
    M.O.M. ! Tim
    Have a Delightful, Rainbowey, Unicorny day.

Love Tim

Me and My RC , whats good enough for other folk ain't good enough for me.

Member #
    Liked
    3521 times
    Here's a weight comparison sandcraft VS Xtreme tire

2018 Can Am Max X3

SKAT-TRAK WARLOCKS THE BEST SAND TIRE EVER. 10 PADDLE XTREME BLADES STAGGERED. 104" ROLL OUT.DWT WHEELS.BLOW BY CATCH CAN.KC GRAVITY 6 LED BAR.EVO STAGE 3 TUNE.EVO CAT DELETE.EVO BIG AIR INTAKE.KWI X34 CLUTCHKIT.TRIPLE X SEATS WITH 3 PERSON REAR BENCH.GALAXY TAB A 10".2X MOTORSPORTS BUMP STEER DELETE TIE ROD KIT.2X MOTORSPORTS GUSSET KIT.WHIPTECH LED LIGHTED WHIPS.NRG Suede Steering Wheel WITH QUICKRELEASE.

Member #
    Liked
    3970 times
    Quote Originally Posted by warlock View Post
    The bead cord is also heavier in the 15s and the 15s that samdcraft uses starts life out as a heavy farm implement tire so they never get super light and they stay stiff. Even on a set of Packard wheels they are 6 lbs more than Tim's Xtreme Tires.

19-21lbs is a heavy tire for a 32"? My understanding is that Sandcraft purchased a mold.
    Mega made me get Skats and a tune
    Skats for life now

Thanks for the quote Tim - "Have a unicorny, rainbowey day!"

Member #
    Liked
    3970 times
    Here's a weight comparison sandcraft VS Xtreme tire

What is the actually weights of the tires? DWTs are pretty light and machining out the centers will really lighten up the wheels. You have to weigh them on equal wheels to get a fair comparison. Either way both are light set ups.
    Skats for life now

Member #
    Liked
    3521 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sand shark View Post
    19-21lbs is a heavy tire for a 32"? My understanding is that Sandcraft purchased a mold.
    Not that I ever heard. They only sold a few hundred tires anyhow so it doesn't pencil out for them to buy a mold. Take 5 years or more to recoup it.
    Xtreme orders 1000 at a whack its insane how many they truck in from Goodyear.

2018 Can Am Max X3

Member #
    Liked
    3521 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sand shark View Post
    Well however anyone wants to slice it up 6lbs of Rotating Mass stiil sucks. That's why we all run 14s. Heavy sucks.

2018 Can Am Max X3

Member #
    Liked
    3970 times
    Well however anyone wants to slice it up 6lbs of Rotating Mass stiil sucks. That's why we all run 14s. Heavy sucks.

A 14" non-beadlock wheel that has the center machined out is going to make up some of the weight difference for sure. I am just curious what a 32" Tim tire with 10 paddles weighs compared to a Sandcraft 32" 10 paddle.
    Skats for life now

Sponsored Links