Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Air Filter

9K views 33 replies 19 participants last post by  Gundog 
#1 ·
I have an EVO air filter & intake. I'm looking to get a Donaldson replacement filter, just need to know if the opening on the EVO filter is what size? (if that makes sense) My X3 is up at the cabin and I want to swap in a clean filter since I have no way up there to clean it. I'll have a spare on hand just don't want to pay top dollar for another EVO..

Thanks Guys..

#2 ·
Reactions: Hollywood X3
#12 ·
In the past Ive had too much fine dust get past the gauze(k-n) style. And with the foam also end up with a dirty/ dusty inlet down stream from the filter Ill only use paper now the blue Donaldson is the best imo

#29 ·
Anyone have experience with the S&B UTV Dry Cleanable filters? Says they can be cleaned up to 10 times with compressed air and/or garden hose.

Seems like a good idea for getting more life out of a filter. But I always question the integrity of a filter that has been blown out with compressed air.

#34 · (Edited)
If you have a Donaldson part number call a truck parts outlet they carry Donaldson filters they probably won't have it in stock but they can order them. Years ago when I built my 08 RZR I changed out the stock air filter housing & element out and replaced it with a Donaldson I went to the Donaldson web site and choose a housing that flowed the right CFM and got all the part numbers for the housing and the element and bought it for much less than any aftermarket company and any online sales from a truck parts outlet I called around using the Donaldson web site and local dealer list.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.