Intercooler fan
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Intercooler fan

This is a discussion on Intercooler fan within the Maverick X3 forums, part of the Can-Am Maverick Forums category; The intercooler fan should be sucking air from the intercooler yeah? Like if you put your hand under the intercooler fan it would be blowing ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cales

Thread: Intercooler fan

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Intercooler fan

The intercooler fan should be sucking air from the intercooler yeah? Like if you put your hand under the intercooler fan it would be blowing air downward towards the engine?

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Yes

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    502 times
    From the factory the intercooler fan only kicks on when you put a high load on the engine or intake air temperature is high. Long story short it donít run nearly enough which is the reason people are adding a intercooler override switch. Itís hard to test the fan because it will rarely kick on sitting still.
    AZSteele likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Desert somewhere between Wickenburg & Surprise Arizona
    Member #
    Liked
    1338 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cales View Post
    From the factory the intercooler fan only kicks on when you put a high load on the engine or intake air temperature is high. Long story short it donít run nearly enough which is the reason people are adding a intercooler override switch.
    Yup, especially if you live / run in the desert this time of year when it gets over 110+į . I also got ride of the factory intake and purchased an aftermarket from Craig (Agency??) which looks like it should allow twice the potential airflow.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    '18 X3 XRC Turbo R + $$$$$$$$

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Ya that’s why I was asking, I installed the switch and seen the fan sucking from the intercooler so I was making sure... guy at auto zone told me if you hook reverse hook up positive and negative the fan will blow the opposite way, dunno if that’s true lol

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSteele View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cales View Post
    From the factory the intercooler fan only kicks on when you put a high load on the engine or intake air temperature is high. Long story short it don’t run nearly enough which is the reason people are adding a intercooler override switch.
    Yup, especially if you live / run in the desert this time of year when it gets over 110+į . I also got ride of the factory intake and purchased an aftermarket from Craig (Agency??) which looks like it should allow twice the potential airflow.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Do you know if the intercooler being too hot would make the car go into High Temp Warning? I was at a race last weekend in Reno and my intercooler fan wasn’t kicking on (that’s why I got override switch) so I was in High Temp Warning like 25% of the race. Didn’t know if the Warning was linked to intercooler or Radiator...

Member #
    Liked
    720 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyj24 View Post
    Do you know if the intercooler being too hot would make the car go into High Temp Warning? I was at a race last weekend in Reno and my intercooler fan wasnít kicking on (thatís why I got override switch) so I was in High Temp Warning like 25% of the race. Didnít know if the Warning was linked to intercooler or Radiator...
    high temp warning is coolant...

Member #
    Liked
    445 times
    I would think that if the inner cooler fan does not kick on when needed the increased intake air temp would drive the coolant temp up high enough for system to not keep up.

Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    It’s all heat we want out of the system, better intercooler, better fan, fan coming on earlier with a tune, radiator as well. More heat out the better till the motor is running in its sweet spot (temp wise) under load...

Sponsored Links