Stealership?
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Stealership?

This is a discussion on Stealership? within the Maverick X3 forums, part of the Can-Am Maverick Forums category; I had my X3 serviced at the dealership a few months ago, they picked up my X3 and dropped it off for free. Great so ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Hollywood X3
  • 1 Post By Desertdog01
  • 1 Post By mattf

Thread: Stealership?

Member #
    Liked
    55 times

Stealership?

I had my X3 serviced at the dealership a few months ago, they picked up my X3 and dropped it off for free. Great so far. Went to pay, dealer was extremely polite, chatty. Great so far.

When I got my X3 home, I went out to the garage to check on it. I noticed first thing my tires seemed really worn, one year old X3 but the tires (Crypids), had chips and pieces missing from the back tire lugs that I had not noticed before. I'm hard on my X3 in the sense that I'm in mud and water a lot but not hard from the sense that I'm doing burnouts on pavement or riding a lot on hard packed surfaces or racing the SXS.

I don't know why but I rubbed my hand across the area that had a chunk of lug missing. Black residue came off on my finger, same fine black reside that you see coming off dragsters at the start line. That to me suggests someone was doing burn outs with my SXS and I know it was not me. The thing that makes me think someone at the dealership was rough on my SXS (or they switched the tires with an old set) was, it was raining when they picked up the SXS and it rained all day right up to about an hour before they brought it home and I washed my SXS the day before, I can't imagine a scenario where the residue would have been there before the pick up. The tires were in enough water over the previous 24 hours where they should have had that fine residue washed off, if it was there from my riding.

Unfortunately for me, I can't prove they did anything shady. So I have to suck it up and shut up. I think the tires should have been in great shape but I can't prove it. Maybe its just the Cryptids and how they age. Maybe the damage was from my riding and I just didn't notice it.

Has anyone had an experience with a dealership where they think the dealer was being shady? Trading out good parts for old parts? Damaging your SXS? something worse?

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    239 times
    Bummer, but this is a reason that I don't ever take my machines to a dealership for service. Only time I have or will is for warranty work but still reluctant to do so depending on what needs fixed. I learned my lesson years ago. I will say though that not all dealerships are bad but I only trust myself.
    2018 CAN AM X3 XRS MAX

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    If it's a soft compound they will chunk but you are correct if theres fine rubber on the tires they were doing burnouts. Be the last time I'd go there or give them the low power key and make sure they cant buckle the seatbelt also lol
    18 Maverick x3 XDS Turbo 3RW

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    3600 times
    Live and learn. It sounded like you have a cool dealer, and as you said, you don't "really know". The next dealership you try might be a worse experience.
    BLR likes this.
    2017 X3 XRS, 2019 X3 XRS

November 2018 Maverick of the Month
    UTV Inc equipped twice with "EVERYTHING"!

Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood X3 View Post
    Live and learn. It sounded like you have a cool dealer, and as you said, you don't "really know". The next dealership you try might be a worse experience.

Yep for the most part everyone I've dealt with has been amazing,

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    722 times
    Youll find a lot of dealers have a couple cowboys in the service dept that will really give your car the test
    Sandman_73 likes this.
    Life doesent get much better than eating taco’s down at scorpian bay ,baja sur
    2018 x3 xrs/ smart lok,rugged radios,baga design squadron pro’s,onyx6,afx alum. Lower doors,brp door handles, Evo c/d + tune, wet sounds elite 10, aim belt temp, + way too much to list need more $$ not close to being done

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I had a similar issue with a CBR1000rr that I had. Took it to the dealer on Friday for an oil change, picked it up on Monday morning and it had almost 100 more miles on it. I was pissed, but like you, I couldn't prove it as I didn't actually write down the mileage. They usually do, but for whatever reason, they didn't note the mileage this time in. No damage to it that I was aware of, but I didn't take it back after that.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    It’s a PITA to service the machine at home, at least the motor oil and filter, but I always do it myself, and make a mess every time , but at least I know how much oil went in, and what kind of oil. I just don’t trust them to do regular maintenance on my machine.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gojk View Post
    I had a similar issue with a CBR1000rr that I had. Took it to the dealer on Friday for an oil change, picked it up on Monday morning and it had almost 100 more miles on it. I was pissed, but like you, I couldn't prove it as I didn't actually write down the mileage. They usually do, but for whatever reason, they didn't note the mileage this time in. No damage to it that I was aware of, but I didn't take it back after that.
    I always take a picture of the odometer when I drop anything off for service. Hopefully if anyone ever hot rods my vehicles around I will be able to tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    jacksand likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    What a load of shit! I have had some real issue w my long term dealer lately. Sold me BS insurance that sound great but when I go to use them they don’t work and it’s a big hassle to get cash back. What I did was email them a lot. Then email the boss and in last email tell them they are about to loose my business and that I will be reporting them to better business bureau, google neg adds and any other place I can find. That way they realize that can’t just BS and screw us over with it costing them. I ended up gettting all the money I spent on the BS insurance back w a few benefits. Can’t hurt to try!!!

Sponsored Links