What is the brightest / best CHEAP light bar? - Page 3
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

What is the brightest / best CHEAP light bar?

This is a discussion on What is the brightest / best CHEAP light bar? within the Maverick X3 forums, part of the Can-Am Maverick Forums category; Many of these higher end... or priced LED lights and components are still made in China or other less expensive labor/material countries as well most ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: What is the brightest / best CHEAP light bar?

Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    Many of these higher end... or priced LED lights and components are still made in China or other less expensive labor/material countries as well most all share many of the same parts even though branded in America, you don't see many advertising
    "All parts made and assembled in America".

You do pay for the cost good/poor lenses and quality mounting and hardware.
    lineman777 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by New XRS Guy View Post
    I just bought those brkts, they fit good but in the cold weather season I have to remove because full windshield does not work with them.

These mount on the outside of the rail and are made for 40" and 50" light bars. Price seems fairly cheap. I'm going to fab my own at work out of stainless steel since the tinners have a water, plasma cutter and breaks. https://extrememetalproducts.com/i-2...acket-set.html
    Last edited by WisconsinMike; 06-06-2019 at 08:21 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    230 times
    what is the most important question...
    how big of a light bar can I run and not overload the charging system
    mymavt likes this.
    17 xds, Boondocker turbo kit, Whalen 240xx tune, 3bar sensors, Powervision with AFR logging, AEM 320 fuel pump, Bosch 1200cc injectors, H&H performance clutching and custom tuning, Pro Armor 4 point harness, UMP filter, Evo v flow, fan override, razorback belt gauge, STU 1300x15 Padla comp cut, 31x15 Tribute comp cut on DWT wheels, Tensor 30x10 x14 on MSA wheels or ITP mud lite 30x12x14 on stock wheels and street legal

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3969 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lineman777 View Post
    My I ask... what do the amber do on the front bumper? Do they cut dust and fog?
    Amber lights cut through the dust better. You don't get that snow blind effect.
    Mega made me get Skats and a tune
    Skats for life now

Thanks for the quote Tim - "Have a unicorny, rainbowey day!"

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    998 times
    These work pretty good run about 30.00
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Life doesent get much better than eating taco’s down at scorpian bay ,baja sur
    2018 x3 xrs/ smart lok,rugged radios,baga design squadron pro’s,onyx6,afx alum. Lower doors,brp door handles, Evo c/d + tune, wet sounds elite 10, aim belt temp, + way too much to list need more $$ not close to being done

Member #
    Liked
    116 times
    I bought a cree single row, I wanted a lower draw and knew that with a lower draw it would have less light then the double row bars. Mine I would say is 4x brighter then the stock headlights and is plenty for how and how often I ride at night.

im not understanding how a cheap lightbar is less effective then the stock headlights or an expensive one with the same lumens. Or did the cheap ones quit working for you guys?
    Last edited by Hawk; 06-12-2019 at 12:20 AM.
    Kick likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I bought a cree single row, I wanted a lower draw and knew that with a lower draw it would have less light then the double row bars. Mine I would say is 4x brighter then the stock headlights and is plenty for how and how often I ride at night.

im not understanding how a cheap lightbar is less effective then the stock headlights or an expensive one with the same lumens. Or did the quit working for you guys?
    Until you see them side by side it’s hard to under stand, I have both,all forward facing Baja design and rigid mirror lights.My back up lights are just cheap china stuff they work for what they are intended to do..I’ve got a 40” double row bar on my truck and my Baja design pods put out more light then the bar does.
    Desertdog01 likes this.
    2019 XRC turbo.S&B partical separator, Baja design lights,Switch-pro,cat delet with titanium wrap, pwrtune chargepipes,blowoff valve,rigid mirrors ,rear view camera, gates belt.rugged radio comm kit and 60watt radio.DWT sector zero wheels, 32” km3 ,custom cage,custom doors,custom rear tire holder,dual gps and cheap tablet, chase light,Xmx door strut kit and radius rod plates,pull plate,1/2 inch think UHMW skids plates.

Supporting Vendor
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    110 times

What is the brightest / best CHEAP light bar?

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood X3 View Post
    That I would have to see.
    X2. I would love to sell you a Baja Designs light bar but if cheap fits your budget...Rough Country. Good (not great) light curved 50” came with protective cover...$300-$400.
    Last edited by BlackMarketUTV; 06-12-2019 at 10:50 AM.

Made by Enthusiasts for Enthusiasts

Member #
    Liked
    186 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HPnMORE4J View Post
    Many of these higher end... or priced LED lights and components are still made in China or other less expensive labor/material countries as well most all share many of the same parts even though branded in America, you don't see many advertising
    "All parts made and assembled in America".

You do pay for the cost good/poor lenses and quality mounting and hardware.
    The above is not necessarily an accurate statement. There are only a couple of high performance USA made brands of off-road LED lights. As the lead design engineer for 26 years and founder of Baja Designs, I can tell you with certainty that our lights share nothing with the Chinese/Korean made lighting. Optics, electronics, circuit boards, housings and bracketry are all designed and assembled in house. Our extrusions come out of Los Angeles, our circuit boards are populated in Carlsbad, our bracketry is laser cut in Corona and our injection molding and vacuum metalizing come from a variety of US vendors. Our optics come as a result of 30 years of racing in Baja at night, we use the highest performance (and most expensive) LED's, and we use sophisticated electronics to drive the LED's. Our warranty is lifetime. These are the things that make the difference between a high performance light and most of what comes out of China and elsewhere. The cheap lights usually use counterfeit LEDs (You really don't believe you are getting Cree LED's in a $100 light bar do you?), poor quality electronics (no thermal management, open loop current control, insufficient power), poor waterproofing, non-replaceable lenses, and fragile cast bracketry.

With regards to being able to say "all parts made and assembled in America", that is virtually impossible in today's world in any product that uses sophisticated electronics. The majority of the world's passive electronic components such as resistors, capacitors, inductors and diodes come out of Asia, and there is no way around this if you are building a commercial electronic product.

Member #
    Liked
    604 times
    Wow, great post! Bajades speaks the truth so eloquently, without malicious spin or condescending attitude.
    Hollywood X3 likes this.
    2019 X3 XRS black, de-stickered, scraper delete, shocks reworked by Tom Morris, pwrTune PV3 stage 3, DJ clutch kit, S&B particle separator, Evo V-Flow, custom exhaust made by myself, Maxxis Liberty 32/10R15 tires on 15x7" OMF non-beadlock wheels.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links