New Evo 3R tune vs alba racing
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on New Evo 3R tune vs alba racing within the Maverick X3 forums, part of the Can-Am Maverick Forums category; anyone running stage 3 Alba tune or new Evo 3R . really on the fence about a tune my car runs well now and is ...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: New Evo 3R tune vs alba racing

Senior Member dynamicmotorsports's Avatar
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times

anyone running stage 3 Alba tune or new Evo 3R . really on the fence about a tune my car runs well now and is reliable i just dont want to run into issues. I guess im asking is it worth 1k ? are these tunes going to blow my mind ? am i going to wonder why i didnt do this sooner? or am i better saving my money. 1k for new pump, tune, charge tubes and bov thats a lot of money i could spend that in some good race prep.

Member #
    Liked
    667 times
    The new evo 3r. Runs strong my buddy got his tuned his is bone stock but the 3r tune stock exhaust stock cat. Stock intake. And clutching and tires We only ran to 45 50. On dirt but we were neck to neck I run the evo E85x tune with heavy 32
    Last edited by Canamxteam; 05-15-2019 at 12:24 PM.
    dynamicmotorsports likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    There is alot of examples on YouTube for comparing stock verses tuned. Is it worth it for you to go that much faster than a stock machine? It's not cheap to go fast, as for what company to go with both are reputable companies that put in alot of R&D. Seek them out individually and go with your gut.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    3594 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamicmotorsports View Post
    anyone running stage 3 Alba tune or new Evo 3R . really on the fence about a tune my car runs well now and is reliable i just dont want to run into issues. I guess im asking is it worth 1k ? are these tunes going to blow my mind ? am i going to wonder why i didnt do this sooner? or am i better saving my money. 1k for new pump, tune, charge tubes and bov thats a lot of money i could spend that in some good race prep.
    I run EVO's 3 R, runs great. If you're getting all that for $1K, jump on it. That seems low? Try to get their intake too. Pulls it all together!
    canamk likes this.
    2017 X3 XRS, 2019 X3 XRS

November 2018 Maverick of the Month
    UTV Inc equipped twice with "EVERYTHING"!

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Evo has probably best mileage and dyno time Alba also a good record for winning races. at my last race i definately could have used more power and a fuel cell hahah. yes maybe closer to 1200 still lot of money going from a stock 17 to the 3R im sure it will feel much different. i also am a 2 foot driver and i dont think Alba enables that

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    3594 times
    Evo has probably best mileage and dyno time Alba also a good record for winning races. at my last race i definately could have used more power and a fuel cell hahah. yes maybe closer to 1200 still lot of money going from a stock 17 to the 3R im sure it will feel much different. i also am a 2 foot driver and i dont think Alba enables that
    I think Alba does? Give Nate a shout.
    2017 X3 XRS, 2019 X3 XRS

November 2018 Maverick of the Month
    UTV Inc equipped twice with "EVERYTHING"!

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    4238 times
    don't forget about Whalen Speed. He has a lot of time tuning on the X3 and has it well documented on youtube the gains. No smoke and mirrors with Whalen Speed.
    Canamxteam likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    any of you having belt issues temps trouble lights anything? what belt are you using any clutching? heard the EVO belt is great just hesitant as i have not had good luck with anything but OE

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    4238 times
    any of you having belt issues temps trouble lights anything? what belt are you using any clutching? heard the EVO belt is great just hesitant as i have not had good luck with anything but OE
    I use Oem belts only. //Airdam springs and helix, stock weights and 2018 inner primary basket with stainless steel slider plates. 180hp Whalen tune, if I drive like an a-hole foot to the floor 40' roosts in the dunes for 11 minutes I will explode a belt. If im nice to the belt but still have a good time I get about 800-1000 miles before it lets go. desert I have yet to blow one on 32" tall tires.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    3653 times
    Evo X85 tune, roughly 200hp to the wheels, stock clutch with 3 of the 6 weights being high elevation weights and evo belt. RPMs are really good, power is awesome! I don't like to drive around a belt's capability and since the OEM one exploded before 100 miles on this tune, I switched to Evo belt. Much longer lasting.
    2017 X3 XRS

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links