Who's Using a Toy Hauler and How Do You Tie Your X3 Down?
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Who's Using a Toy Hauler and How Do You Tie Your X3 Down? within the Maverick X3 forums, part of the Can-Am Maverick Forums category; I've only used my toy hauler a few times now and I've tied the X3 down three different ways. I don't have access to the ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Who's Using a Toy Hauler and How Do You Tie Your X3 Down?

Member #
    Liked
    29 times

I've only used my toy hauler a few times now and I've tied the X3 down three different ways. I don't have access to the bottom side of the toy hauler and the X3 is a tight fit. I think I've settled on running the straps underneath the X3 in opposing directions in a criss-cross pattern (if that makes any sense). I'm tying off the RF A-arm to the LR tiedown, the RR radius rod to the LF tiedown and so forth. I drove about 180 miles on my last trip with no issues. It's doesn't provide much down force, but it kept it centered. I know toy haulers and X3s vary in size and layout. But, I'm curious how everyone else tie theirs down?

Name:  20190426_181521_resized.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  1.46 MBName:  20190503_151452_resized.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  1.06 MB
    2018 Can Am Maverick X3 900 HO, ProBox Top X3F4 #1, LinQ 8 Cooler, 3" Lift Kit, Seizmik Pursuit Mirrors, GoPro Hero 5, (Back-up Cam & Rock Lights are Awaiting Installation)

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    4488 times
    I have the same issue and actually scratched the heck out of my lino trying to secure it. It seems the anchors are in poor spots to tie it down easy. Tim
    Have a rainbowey, unicorny day.

Love Tim

Me and My RC , whats good enough for other folk ain't good enough for me.

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Criss crossing will hold it from moving front to back. But it does not keep it from tipping. Do you have room for tire nets? I use Mac’s.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    4105 times
    tie downs? I don't use any, just put car in park and shut the door. Never moves in my 36' Weekend warrior.
    sand shark likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo S View Post
    Criss crossing will hold it from moving front to back. But it does not keep it from tipping. Do you have room for tire nets? I use Mac’s.
    I agree it won't hold worth a damn if it tips. I don't have a good place to tie down a tire net. But, I figure if it goes over far enough to tip, that's the least of my worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadesertdiesel View Post
    tie downs? I don't use any, just put car in park and shut the door. Never moves in my 36' Weekend warrior.
    I had that same thought. Then my wife told me what would happen if that X3 slid into her stainless steel oven. So, I tied her down. The X3, not my wife.
    2018 Can Am Maverick X3 900 HO, ProBox Top X3F4 #1, LinQ 8 Cooler, 3" Lift Kit, Seizmik Pursuit Mirrors, GoPro Hero 5, (Back-up Cam & Rock Lights are Awaiting Installation)

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmesic View Post
    I have the same issue and actually scratched the heck out of my lino trying to secure it. It seems the anchors are in poor spots to tie it down easy. Tim
    Did you figure it out?

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Megadesertdiesel View Post
    There are differing opinions about towing in park. I tow in neutral with tire nets. If I get concerned I also use the parking brake.
    AZSteele likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
    I agree it won't hold worth a damn if it tips. I don't have a good place to tie down a tire net. But, I figure if it goes over far enough to tip, that's the least of my worries.

I had that same thought. Then my wife told me what would happen if that X3 slid into her stainless steel oven. So, I tied her down. The X3, not my wife.
    I tied my wife down by the stainless steel oven and we are not allowed in Home Depot anymore.
    Sooner, WGTX, AZSteele and 3 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    I think the way your doing it is fine cross tying it is best be it from the front and back or in the center like your doing.....
    Finding a good tie point is tough sometimes I'm not a fan of using the lower a arm's but to each there own when I installed the XRC front bumper and ZRP rear plate with the tow ring tying down the X3 is no prob don't have to deal with short straps around the frame on all 4 corners anymore!

Tire nets or strapping the tires...... What happens if you get a flat or flats happened in the race hauler once the tire bleeder's orings failed with the rubber softener in the tires strapped it down it was fine got back to the shop the front and back of the car was destroyed from rolling back and forth about 5 feet in the trailer because the straps feel off? I guess that's karma for cheating we set some track records and won some races and no one ever knew we had softer tires those were the days lol

Park or neutral? debatable pro's and con's each way.... I tie the X3 down in neutral then pop it in park just incase a strap breaks or loosens up? I learned the hard way towing a manual trans car in gear loaded my off road car once ran fine went to unload it ran like crap I could not figure it out had spark fuel turns out rocking back and fourth in gear loosens the timing belt tensioner on a twin cam Subaru motor with no oil pressure it skipped a tooth took awhile to find that issue!

However you tie a car down or in some cases the lack of tying a car down..... Hey as long as you are comfortable with it the main thing is for it to arrive at your destination in one piece without damaging anything around it or anything falling off the trailer.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    AZSteele likes this.
    18 X3 XRS....
    Tube frame monster manx street legal 400hp off road car...
    2010 Jeep Rubicon with dual sport set up...

Member #
    Liked
    843 times
    I seen a toy Hauler while ip in Laughlin, guy had wheel chocks attacked to E tracks & tire net straps. Said they were secured to the trailers frame / cross bracing.
    An issue I'll take seriously once I get an enclosed trailer.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    '18 X3 XRC Turbo R + $$$$$$$$

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links