Check smart lok and dps problem (video)
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Check smart lok and dps problem (video) within the Maverick X3 forums, part of the Can-Am Maverick Forums category; Looks like I'm going to have to take my car into the dealer, was wondering if any of you guys have seen this where it ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Abs151

Thread: Check smart lok and dps problem (video)

Member #
    Liked
    89 times

Looks like I'm going to have to take my car into the dealer, was wondering if any of you guys have seen this where it is affecting both the DPS and smart-lok. Been reading about the update at dealer, checked connections(going to do it again), read the 2-3 threads on this where others were having issues.

Weird cause the last season I had zero problems, put my car back together and this is going on right out of the garage.

Here is a video I took were you can see all stages of what is going on, any info is appreciated so Im tuned in before I talk to the service guys.
    Thanks

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    303 times
    Somebody else had something like this, and it turned out to be the plug at the smart lock, wasn't locked properly? Good luck!

Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockburner View Post
    Somebody else had something like this, and it turned out to be the plug at the smart lock, wasn't locked properly? Good luck!
    Mr Cob replied yesterday when I asked him about his problem on his thread, I have checked the plugins multiple times. They all seem to be locked down from what I know(secured and not moving). Messed with the battery for awhile and everything seemed well with that. Messed around with the switches and plug on the ps motor, all seemed normal. We will see what the tech finds out. TY for the reply and I hope I am lucky with it being something simple.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    303 times
    Check all your grounds?

Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Havent got a meter out or anything, just checked for anything loose or anything that might stand out. Pretty green when it comes to electrical, in fact was hoping I didnt do anything when doing the wiring up of my aftermarkets that I did.(doubt it though)

Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Took the seat out now that it stop snowing found out it was a ID10T error. Went for a ride couldnt get it to do it, going to go back out in a few to really see. Thanks again for the reply

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    588 times
    Seat belt sensor?
    Life doesent get much better than eating taco’s down at scorpian bay ,baja sur
    2018 x3 xrs/ smart lok,rugged radios,baga design squadron pro’s,onyx6,afx alum. Lower doors,brp door handles, Evo c/d + tune, wet sounds elite 10, aim belt temp, + way too much to list need more $$ not close to being done

Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    I think it was the positive connection on the battery, when I got the seat out I noticed there was a tiny amount of play on that side. Moved my power cables for my winch from there as the extra length I think putting pressure on that side. I also threw it on the charger cause it did sit for awhile. Either or I went out twice now and we are back to normal. Sorry to jump the gun on the thread. Read all the info that I could find, seems so far all of the problems that I saw were real easy fixes. Took the video down so someone doesnt think there is a real problem with the units.
    Tmesic likes this.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    588 times
    Mine does it when the battery runs down , but I have to jump start it That happens when I don't plug my tender in never drove it after jump start just moved so I could put charger on it and do what ever work I was needing to move my car for last new years I played the stereo for about an hour and it almost wouldn't start so I installed a new batt
    Life doesent get much better than eating taco’s down at scorpian bay ,baja sur
    2018 x3 xrs/ smart lok,rugged radios,baga design squadron pro’s,onyx6,afx alum. Lower doors,brp door handles, Evo c/d + tune, wet sounds elite 10, aim belt temp, + way too much to list need more $$ not close to being done

Sponsored Links