Where to mount Rotopax fuel can on X3 XRS two seater? - Page 4
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Where to mount Rotopax fuel can on X3 XRS two seater?

This is a discussion on Where to mount Rotopax fuel can on X3 XRS two seater? within the Maverick X3 forums, part of the Can-Am Maverick Forums category; I have mine under the seat and they rarely expand to a point where they are not easy to remove. It would be easy and ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Where to mount Rotopax fuel can on X3 XRS two seater?

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    122 times
    I have mine under the seat and they rarely expand to a point where they are not easy to remove. It would be easy and cheap to install a vent that could be opened to release the pressure if needed. If I do this I will find a screw off type rather than one of the snap off's like you see on typical plastic gas cans. I run gas under one seat and the other one has water. Aluminum L channel painted black and attached with carriage bolts facing down prevents snagging and a strap keeps it all locked down.
    Name:  brackit.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  177.1 KB
    Name:  Gas.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  159.8 KB
    Name:  water.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  178.1 KB
    Name:  seats out.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  185.5 KB
    Last edited by Professor Fate; 01-10-2019 at 07:18 PM.
    Mntsnow likes this.
    2017 Maverick X3 X DS Triple Black
    Alba Racing Rock Crusher 15" billet beadlocks 32" Tensor Regulators, Full Windshield hc, LINQ 12 GAL Cargo Box, LINQ 20 Gal Cargo Box, Electronic Device Holder, Acer - ICONIA ONE 10 - 10.1" - Tablet ,Rugged Radios 660+ and RM25,TORQ Locker, Spare rear wheel/tire, Bimini Roof with Sun Visor, Fender Flairs, Quickshot, Seizmik Pursuit side mirrors, Rear Windscreen, Rock Sliders Black, LINQ Pivoting Rack Black, Lower door panels, Dual 3' Red Whipzilla's, PRP "trimmed" door bags, HMF door handles, S3 Pull Plate, Underseat 2Gal RotoPax, Loosenuts rock crawler shift gate & knob, Multi Sony WiFi/BT ActionCam's
    2017 Polaris ACE 900 XC
    Full Canvas cab, Rugged Radios RM25WP, Full windshield, 3500# Winch, Magnetic winch stop, Pitch and elevation control shifter, 60" 4-way Plow, Dash Pac, Heated PRP Seat, 4' Green Whipzilla, Canvas roof, Seizmik Strike side mirrors.

Member #
    Liked
    596 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kbeefy View Post
    This is what I came up with, 2019 and won't fit under the seats. Didn't want anything on the passenger side in case of a leak.
    I'd prefer it was more protected, will probably move it somewhere inboard in the future.
    Interesting tie down system. Kind of a half tire hoop set up. How do you like it?
    2017 X3 XRS Ironman Edition
    CT WORXS Front Gusset Kit, Lower A-arms
    S & B Filter
    S3 Rear Gusset and Tow Plate
    RokBlokz Trailing Arm Guards
    Seizmik Pursuit Side Mirrors
    BRP Extended Fender Flares, Dune Front Bumper, Tablet Mount, Lower Door Inserts and Rear Window Net
    Kenwood TM281A, Rugged Radio Comm
    4uCam Backup Camera
    Bent Metal Full Glass Winshield
    IPT Door Handles

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Yeah I thought this was a good idea until mine expanded so much on a 80 degree day I couldn't get it out. I now have it straped in the bed, to the roll bar down tube.
    . Its out of the way and easy to vent or fill.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    4263 times
    Quote Originally Posted by todo View Post
    Yeah I thought this was a good idea until mine expanded so much on a 80 degree day I couldn't get it out. I now have it straped in the bed, to the roll bar down tube.
    . Its out of the way and easy to vent or fill.
    fill the container all they way up, no air and you wont have the expansion problem.

Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    I tried two different Rotopax cans under the seat completely full of liquid, no air. After a few months they were almost impossible to remove without opening the cap.
    Gasoline expands just like any liquid 231 cu inches @ 60 degrees 235.8 cu inches @ 90 degrees, so I gave up on the under seat location and went with these aluminum bed mounted beauty's
    Name:  IMG_2335.JPG
Views: 81
Size:  868.4 KB
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 X3 RS

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Megadesertdiesel View Post
    fill the container all they way up, no air and you wont have the expansion problem.
    Ok I'll try it. good to know even with it side mounted

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links