Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Adding Alternator option

11K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  azerik 
#1 ·
#2 ·
thats nice, send um $500 just so you can be on the list
no actual price or build time...lol

#5 ·
I will play. Playing the newb and want to watch this. $500 deposit seems a short distance from 2700. This is a machined billet brick of aluminum with alternator. Guess those with leaking or weeping water pumps can upgrade to this, with extra amps for the auto adjust, message mode, heated, cooled and tickler seats.

#8 ·
if you actually looked at the oem stator/flywheel you would understand it is not upgradeable enough to justify the work needed

Reactions: motochris23
#9 ·
Who actually had voltage issues?

I have a massive amount of electrical in my X3.

Even heated seats and I see no low voltages. I have a digital voltmeter on the dash and typically a high 13 and even low 14 with lots of lights on etc.

Tim

#17 ·
I had heard from a reliable source that ST was prototyping a unit that would bolt up to the passenger side of the engine. So far I seem to have no need with the odyssey 925 battery but if I did have that need I think it would not be that difficult to fit up a small alternator that would drive off the driveshaft and place it under the drivers seat area, a two piece pulley could be bolted around the drive shaft and there seems to be plenty of room for this to work. Of course the unit would only turn when the car was moving but that's when you need additional charging power.

#20 ·
there is now a 850w stator option available from the 21
thats 65a @ 13v if your using more than that you need to turn off some crap

#24 ·
for sure the flywheel and stator , will need to check part numbers for the voltage regulator

#29 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.