Plugging/patching a tire - Page 2
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Plugging/patching a tire

This is a discussion on Plugging/patching a tire within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the Can-am Maverick Technical Discussions category; Originally Posted by zambo Geez, go to a different tire shop. Installing a patch is simple and should just take a few minutes. Probably have ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Plugging/patching a tire

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zambo View Post
    Geez, go to a different tire shop. Installing a patch is simple and should just take a few minutes. Probably have better luck going to the small mexican used tire shop than a big name brand place that is busy selling new tires to people.
    I didn't go to a chain. It's a small shop I've been using for a long time. I ordered some stuff and am going to do it all myself. Or at least try to.

I appreciate all the help though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    592 times
    Also check with a truck tire repair shop they can put a boot in it( boot is a large thick patch ) they know how to fix tires
    Life doesent get much better than eating taco’s down at scorpian bay ,baja sur
    2018 x3 xrs/ smart lok,rugged radios,baga design squadron pro’s,onyx6,afx alum. Lower doors,brp door handles, Evo c/d + tune, wet sounds elite 10, aim belt temp, + way too much to list need more $$ not close to being done

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertdog01 View Post
    Also check with a truck tire repair shop they can put a boot in it( boot is a large thick patch ) they know how to fix tires
    I was actually told to do that by a friend that I stay and ride with in Tennessee who has been a truck driver his whole life.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    592 times
    Any of the big name tire chains dont like fixing/ patching tires because of liability, from the gonna sue you because my used tire you fixed isn't like a brand new better quality tire and I want a new car too.
    Life doesent get much better than eating taco’s down at scorpian bay ,baja sur
    2018 x3 xrs/ smart lok,rugged radios,baga design squadron pro’s,onyx6,afx alum. Lower doors,brp door handles, Evo c/d + tune, wet sounds elite 10, aim belt temp, + way too much to list need more $$ not close to being done

Member #
    Liked
    930 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kitzy View Post
    I didn't go to a chain. It's a small shop I've been using for a long time. I ordered some stuff and am going to do it all myself. Or at least try to.

I appreciate all the help though.

Sorry if my post wan't helpful enough. I've had to patch several tires and I've used various tire shops to do all of them. Never had a patched tire fail either, at least at the patch anyway.
    Method Wheels, Tensor Tires, Baja Designs, Mer-Air-Terre Watches, Icarus Logistics, Keller ball joints, Maxima racing oil

Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    We have one place around here that still vulcanize tires. It saves you a butt load of money. It’s kinda a lost art

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    This stuff is amazing, (but expansive) it can repaid a sidewall, big hole, and it lasts forever, did a sidewall on a quad tire that lasted till the tire wore out
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zambo View Post
    Sorry if my post wan't helpful enough. I've had to patch several tires and I've used various tire shops to do all of them. Never had a patched tire fail either, at least at the patch anyway.
    Actually, I didn't mean it sarcastically. It was meant as a general, genuine thank you to everyone who replied. Sorry about that. It was actually good advice, it just so happened that I did just that.

Member #
    Liked
    199 times
    The hardest thing doing it yourself is popping the beads to patch it you don't need to take the whole tire off the rim just one side you can usually get in there to grind it and install the patch!
    I use my 5th wheel jacks to pop the beads hooked up to the truck the powered front jacks make a great press! A pull trailer jack works also just takes a little more muscle? And any tire store will at least pop the beads for you.... I use to work in a tire store and understand why they wont fix a large hole or anything close to a side wall it's all about liability just like bead locks most wont deal with them also for the same reason. Buy a good set of tire irons there cheap and make it much easier to mount and dismount the tires if you have bead locks buy the right torque wrench you can even get a bead breaker cheep good tools to have for those moments you need them!

It's good to learn how to work and fix things on your own not only to save a buck but when your out in the boonies' and have a problem you know how to fix them and not have to ruin a weekend running into town or parking it?
    18 X3 XRS....
    Tube frame monster manx street legal 400hp off road car...
    2010 Jeep Rubicon with dual sport set up...

Member #
    Liked
    930 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kitzy View Post
    Actually, I didn't mean it sarcastically. It was meant as a general, genuine thank you to everyone who replied. Sorry about that. It was actually good advice, it just so happened that I did just that.

Good deal!
    Method Wheels, Tensor Tires, Baja Designs, Mer-Air-Terre Watches, Icarus Logistics, Keller ball joints, Maxima racing oil

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links