Wheels and Tires Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo R
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Wheels and Tires Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo R within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the Can-am Maverick Technical Discussions category; I Currently own a 2019 Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo R and would like to change the wheels and tires, as you can imagine ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Desert Dog

Thread: Wheels and Tires Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo R

Member #

I Currently own a 2019 Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo R and would like to change the wheels and tires, as you can imagine there are many questions I have before choosing. I would like to add that I have just ordered the JJuan big brake kit for the front and rear (new calipers and discs), so will need the wheels to fit. From my understanding, and why I chose this kit, is that you can run the stock wheels with the kit. I stand to be corrected about this.

So to start, I am probably going to go for 15" wheels, unless someone here can advise against it. But now the big problem is to find which offset and width. I would like to keep the stock overall width of the UTV, not looking to make it wider. Not looking either to putting wider tires on. What width and offset would you recommend? I am probably going to go for one of the following choices of wheels:

1. Method 409 UTV Bead Grip in Matt black https://www.methodracewheels.com/col...ck-matte-black
    2. Fuel Trophy FF53 in Black http://fueloffroadutv.com/wheel/1038...%2Dff53%2Dutv/
    3. MSA M26 Vibe Gloss Black https://www.msawheels.com/product/wh...ed-gloss-black
    4. DWT Sector El Arco Black http://dwtracing.com/product/sector-el-arco-black/
    5. Raceline 939 Disruptor Double Beadlock in Black https://www.racelinebeadlocks.com/p-...-beadlock.aspx
    6. Hiper FA15 in Black https://hiper-technology.com/product/fa15/

If you have other ideas I am more than happy to look at them. Or even if you think a 14" option would be better.

Tires: I quite fancy the BF Goodridge All Terrain or similar. I am keeping the stock wheels and tires which I will use in winter and looking for a summer option, which will be used on various terrains (mostly dry). Question is, I have read many are putting on 32" tires but seems it's touches the wheel arches and makes it more difficult to turn. Being in the mountains I need it to do sharp turns and remain "agile". Also, I need to keep the speedometer accurate with my wheel and tire setup, otherwise I can't use it on the streets (not sure I am very clear about this). I know we run 30" stock, so does this mean I would have to run 29" tires? What would you suggest as good tyre setup?

Also, if any dealers are reading this, I am looking for quotes.

Thanks for the help, well appreciated
    Last edited by SwissKenny; 03-30-2019 at 02:52 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    144 times

Quote Originally Posted by SwissKenny View Post
    I Currently own a 2019 Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo R and would like to change the wheels and tires, as you can imagine there are many questions I have before choosing. I would like to add that I have just ordered the JJuan big brake kit for the front and rear (new calipers and discs), so will need the wheels to fit. From my understanding, and why I chose this kit, is that you can run the stock wheels with the kit. I stand to be corrected about this.

So to start, I am probably going to go for 15" wheels, unless someone here can advise against it. But now the big problem is to find which offset and width. I would like to keep the stock overall width of the UTV, not looking to make it wider. Not looking either to putting wider tires on. What width and offset would you recommend? I am probably going to go for one of the following choices of wheels:

1. Method 409 UTV Bead Grip in Matt black
    2. Fuel Trophy FF53 in Black
    3. MSA M26 Vibe Gloss Black
    4. DWT Sector El Arco Bla
    5. Raceline 939 Disruptor Double Beadlock in Black
    6. Hiper FA15 in Black

If you have other ideas I am more than happy to look at them. Or even if you think a 14" option would be better.

Tires: I quite fancy the BF Goodridge All Terrain or similar. I am keeping the stock wheels and tires which I will use in winter and looking for a summer option, which will be used on various terrains (mostly dry). Question is, I have read many are putting on 32" tires but seems it's touches the wheel arches and makes it more difficult to turn. Being in the mountains I need it to do sharp turns and remain "agile". Also, I need to keep the speedometer correct with my wheel and tire setup, otherwise I can't use it on the streets (not sure I am very clear about this). I know we run 30" stock, so does this mean I would have to run 29" tires?

Thanks for the help, well appreciated
    I put 15 Fuel Gatlings with a 6+1 offset (close to stock offset) on my X3 Max Xrs with 31 BFG All/terrain truck tires - KO2s. Keeps the same width and the speedo is still accurate (the 31 truck tires measurejust a half inch bigger around than the 30 stock ones).

I had Raceline 5+2s - didnt handle much worse, but before that I had 4+3s and the steering feedback was atrocious.

General Grabber AT2s were a wee bit lighter than the BFGs and handled better - the tread also seemed to wear a bit better with less rubber chipping off. Though I did get a few sidewall punctures on the Grabbers - NONE on the BFGs.

I had a BRIEF stint with 33 Red Letter General Mud Terrains - put a couple thousand miles on them - they handled HORRIBLY. Just TOO heavy.

Anyway, the all-terrain truck tires are probably harder on the bearings and bushings, but they seem to be serving me fairly well - Im on my second set of wheel bearings and bushings now and getting ready to swap out the heim joints on the middle CT radius rods, but Im also pushing 15,000 HARD miles, so I really cant complain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Desert Dog; 03-30-2019 at 03:03 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    The best rims and tires is really a highly debatable topic?

IMO go with 32 inch tires don't let the speedo dictate what size tire! you can download an app on your phone and get the corrected speed and know what the difference is just keep that in mind when driving on the street!

Rim's ? running a big brake kit go with 15" the X3 likes to eat 14" rear rims when rocks get caught in the wheel and eventually rip a hole in the rim!!!! run some mud flaps to keep keep this from happening!!!! If your going to step up and spend the extra money on a good set of rim's go with the lightest set you can find get the most bang for your buck!

Tire's ? Well it really depends on the terrain your going to use your car? hardpack roads trails mud snow sand rocks all really dictate what type of tire you need and there is also different compound's hard for longer wear soft for better traction? there's a lot of great info in the wheel and tire section on this subject.... There is another factor in tire weight lighter is better for handling and ride better but they usually have a disadvantage of being more susceptible to flats vers a heavier tire with more rubber and materials to help prevent flats?
    18 X3 XRS....
    Tube frame monster manx street legal 400hp off road car...
    2010 Jeep Rubicon with dual sport set up...

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    thanks for the above replies.

So I have decided to go with the Hiper FA15 wheels in contrast finish, but what offset would you recommend? I would like to keep the stock width of 72". I will probably buy From Vivid Racing as only shop that will ship international. They suggest 15 x 8 4+4 or 15 x 7 5+2, which would you chose and why (I am not an expert in all this)

I am also going to install 32" tires, they suggest changing the clutch to the STM Rage 3 along with the STM tuner secondary. Not sure if this will be any good or use... what do you think? Question, is I will also run in winter the stock 14" wheels with 30" tires, will this be problem if we change the clutch?

May also go with the vivid Tuner 195cv, anyone done it yet?

Thanks for your help

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    866 times
    You are going to be wider than 72” with the 5/2 you'll really be wide if you go the 4/4. Best if you can get a 6/1 or a 5/1 as for the clutch id go with kwi either send them yours or get the kit , best to call them and discuss your plans ,as for a tuner Im an evo guy I have the map tuner x with 5 tunes on it so I can tunes as I change items and can go back to stock for service ,warranty work. Others like the dynojet powervision tuner
    Life doesent get much better than eating tacos down at scorpian bay ,baja sur
    2018 x3 xrs/ smart lok,rugged radios,baga design squadron pros,onyx6,afx alum. Lower doors,brp door handles, Evo c/d + tune, wet sounds elite 10, aim belt temp, + way too much to list need more $$ not close to being done

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Dog View Post
    I put 15” Fuel Gatling’s with a 6+1 offset (close to stock offset) on my X3 Max Xrs with 31” BFG All/terrain truck tires - KO2’s. Keeps the same width and the speedo is still accurate (the 31” truck tires measurejust a half inch bigger around than the 30” stock ones).

I had Raceline 5+2’s - didn’t handle much worse, but before that I had 4+3’s and the steering feedback was atrocious.

General Grabber AT2’s were a wee bit lighter than the BFG’s and handled better - the tread also seemed to wear a bit better with less rubber chipping off. Though I did get a few sidewall punctures on the Grabbers - NONE on the BFG’s.

I had a BRIEF stint with 33” Red Letter General Mud Terrain’s - put a couple thousand miles on them - they handled HORRIBLY. Just TOO heavy.

Anyway, the all-terrain truck tires are probably harder on the bearings and bushings, but they seem to be serving me fairly well - I’m on my second set of wheel bearings and bushings now and getting ready to swap out the heim joints on the middle CT radius rods, but I’m also pushing 15,000 HARD miles, so I really can’t complain.

Do you have any pictures with the Gatlings installed?

Member #
    Liked
    144 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tronner View Post
    Do you have any pictures with the Gatlings installed?

Tronner likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertdog01 View Post
    You are going to be wider than 72” with the 5/2 you'll really be wide if you go the 4/4. Best if you can get a 6/1 or a 5/1 as for the clutch id go with kwi either send them yours or get the kit , best to call them and discuss your plans ,as for a tuner Im an evo guy I have the map tuner x with 5 tunes on it so I can tunes as I change items and can go back to stock for service ,warranty work. Others like the dynojet powervision tuner
    Thanks for your reply. I did some research and it seems that only offset that keeps original width is what you said 6+1. Which limits the availability of wheels selection. Very few come in this size. I saw some Walker Evans forged beadlock rims. A shame aftermarket tuners dom't offer more possibilities.

As for the tuner thanks for the input

Appreciate the help

Member #
    https://stipowersports.com/product/hd9-6-1-beadlock/
    6x1 in 14" or 15". Order the special lug nuts and driver also, the stock ones will not fit.

Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    I am looking at this set up.

Method 401-R and 32 BFG KM3

5+1 raw finish.

Looks damn good in person but not sure if it would flow with my orange/silver/bronze Max color.

What u guys think?

Sponsored Links