X3 Max RS Spare Wheel & Jack Set ups
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on X3 Max RS Spare Wheel & Jack Set ups within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the Can-am Maverick Technical Discussions category; Can you help me with any ideals on a Spare wheel and Jack set up for my 2018 X3 Max RS? Post pictures of your ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Can you help me with any ideals on a Spare wheel and Jack set up for my 2018 X3 Max RS? Post pictures of your set-up?

Thx

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I decided to go with the" Factory UTV" spare tire holder for about $275. I liked the clamps and simplicity of it. I'm currently not carrying a jack. For weight savings, i would like to opt for the exhaust air bag set up mega uses. Looks simple enough. But for now, I will find a rock or hill to park on. I only carry a spare on long rides out of town. I have a tire plug kit and harbor freight compressor for minor flats etc. It will usually boil down to budget, The better the jack, the more $$$$ you'll spend! ranging from $25 to $500.
    Last edited by darkvader; 10-21-2018 at 01:41 PM.
    2017, EVO stage 3 w/ full exhaust, S&B particle separator, PRP belts, door bags and dash bag, PCI Elite radio w/ car to car, Bent metal windshield, Spike rear window, Turn signal kit, Rockblokz, 15" Method 401's, 32" Tensor DS tires, Factory UTV spare tire rack, Can-am cooler, magnetic puck lights (DOME), MICTUNING light bars, Axia mirrors, Assault steering wheel and rear sway bar links, Joker front sway bar links, HD radius rod plate modified, S3 radius rods, back up cam, etc.

Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    I have the roof rack with the spare and CanAm screw jack mounted to it.
    We My wife thinks it came this way:
    2018 Maverick Max XRS
    Can-Am Pre-runner bumper, intrusion bar, rock sliders
    Tensor Regulator 32’s on 14” Method 401’s
    KC Hilites Gravity Pro 6 Light Bar, Baja Designs Squadron Pro Ambers, rear chase lights, led rock lights, 5150 whips
    Lowrance Elite Ti2
    PCI radio and coms
    PCI air pumper
    Ed the Suspension Guy Re-valve with Eichbach springs
    PRP door bags
    CA Technology radius rods and front limit straps
    PWR Tune Stage 2
    MBRP Exhaust and cat delete

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    Name:  IMG_1101.JPG
Views: 447
Size:  700.7 KBName:  IMG_1100.JPG
Views: 462
Size:  882.7 KBName:  IMG_1103.JPG
Views: 461
Size:  1.11 MBName:  IMG_1102.JPG
Views: 473
Size:  784.2 KBName:  IMG_1104.JPG
Views: 488
Size:  955.4 KB
    VW bug jack ,compact and light weight
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 X3 RS

Member #
    Liked
    955 times
    So it looks like you welded up the lifting arm so it wouldn't tilt down and dump the car? I have one of those jacks but rather than a stamped arm like you have mine seems to be a cast solid part.

Member #
    Liked
    135 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zambo View Post
    So it looks like you welded up the lifting arm so it wouldn't tilt down and dump the car? I have one of those jacks but rather than a stamped arm like you have mine seems to be a cast solid part.
    You are correct Zambo, it works great, never had to use it on my car in the field but used on others . The small in locks it in the bottom of the arm arm or trailing arm.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 X3 RS

Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Baja View Post
    Name:  IMG_1104.JPG
Views: 488
Size:  955.4 KB
    VW bug jack ,compact and light weight
    Looks like an Old VW bug Jack time to dig around in my shop I know I have a few laying around

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Speaking of spare wheels for an X3 Max RS: I'm almost embarrassed to ask this, but I shall forge ahead! Are the front and rear wheels different? The BRP website has front and rears. If so, which one works best for a spare? I don't have a caliper that will let me measure the wheels so I can't confirm whether front and rear are the same.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    I think yours are the same. My XDS wheels are definitely different between the front and rear.
    17' X3 Max Xds
    EVO 3rwi Tune
    Yoshimura Exhaust
    AEM AFR Gauge, Razorback Belt Temp Gauge
    BRP- Roof, Windshield, Lower Doors, 4 Point Belts,
    Storage Bags, Big Ole Trunk
    Rockford Fosgate 1150W PMX-3 Stage 5+ Stereo
    Lonestar Number Plates
    Seizmik Mirrors
    HMF- Defender Front Bumper, Glove Box Panels,
    Door Handles
    Warn Vantage 4000-S Winch
    Axia Fire Extinguisher Mount
    Mounted Viair Compressor
    Rugged Radios 660 4 Place Intercom

Member #
    When i bought my X3 XRC, I went on an accessory buying spree which included the storage rack, matching spare tire and the screw jack (all OEM). Because the jack is secured to the spare tire by a mounting bracket, the tire/wheel/jack assembly has to be assembled before hoisting it onto the rack. It's kind of a PITA to get it down and separate the jack from the tire if you just want to lift the machine to check bearing play or fix a flat tire when not out on the trail. I purchased a drop leg screw jack from Amazon and welded a short tube on the side that fits into the OEM jack receivers that are mounted to the frame just inside the door on each side of the machine.

It's plug-n-play, works like a champ and you don't need extra tools to make it work, unlike the Can Am jack. It's not any heavier that the OEM jack and if I'd known then what I know now, I would have fabricated my own receivers and saved myself a lot of $$$ for other accessories. The jack was $51 on Amazon and another $20 in materials would have covered all the mounting tubes/brackets -vs- $460 for the OEM jack kit.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links