X3 Max RS Spare Wheel & Jack Set ups - Page 2
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

X3 Max RS Spare Wheel & Jack Set ups

This is a discussion on X3 Max RS Spare Wheel & Jack Set ups within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the Can-am Maverick Technical Discussions category; I use the LinQ Pivoting rack and the tusk scissor jack. The jack is ratcheted down to the rack through a couple of the holes ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    I use the LinQ Pivoting rack and the tusk scissor jack. The jack is ratcheted down to the rack through a couple of the holes that are there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Ciege; 07-07-2019 at 07:51 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I am looking to mount the spare tire rack you are using but before I buy I need to be sure it will fit in my enclosed trailer. Can you tell me what the height is to the top of tire? Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Aim4x View Post
    I am looking to mount the spare tire rack you are using but before I buy I need to be sure it will fit in my enclosed trailer. Can you tell me what the height is to the top of tire? Thanks
    Mine is sitting at just under 72". I do not have the sprint and shock work done yet so it will be a little higher depending on the shock and spring setup you are running.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by radarsdad View Post
    When i bought my X3 XRC, I went on an accessory buying spree which included the storage rack, matching spare tire and the screw jack (all OEM). Because the jack is secured to the spare tire by a mounting bracket, the tire/wheel/jack assembly has to be assembled before hoisting it onto the rack. It's kind of a PITA to get it down and separate the jack from the tire if you just want to lift the machine to check bearing play or fix a flat tire when not out on the trail. I purchased a drop leg screw jack from Amazon and welded a short tube on the side that fits into the OEM jack receivers that are mounted to the frame just inside the door on each side of the machine.

It's plug-n-play, works like a champ and you don't need extra tools to make it work, unlike the Can Am jack. It's not any heavier that the OEM jack and if I'd known then what I know now, I would have fabricated my own receivers and saved myself a lot of $$$ for other accessories. The jack was $51 on Amazon and another $20 in materials would have covered all the mounting tubes/brackets -vs- $460 for the OEM jack kit.
    if you jack up both sides at same time is the bike balanced evenly so all 4 wheels are off the ground? nice set up

Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Name:  Spare_tire2.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  2.62 MB
    2018 Can-Am Maverick X3 Max X DS Turbo R

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cgstew94 View Post
    if you jack up both sides at same time is the bike balanced evenly so all 4 wheels are off the ground? nice set up
    Haven't tried it cuz the Can Am jack is a PITA to get down and separate from the tire. I doubt it would be balanced but you could probably teeter it by hand and stick a block under the heavier end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links