32" Desert Tires? - Page 4
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

32" Desert Tires?

This is a discussion on 32" Desert Tires? within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the Can-am Maverick Technical Discussions category; Originally Posted by Discount Tire Great photo, love the green accents. Glad to hear the Arisun Aftershocks are working out well for you. What sort ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 32" Desert Tires?

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
    Great photo, love the green accents. Glad to hear the Arisun Aftershocks are working out well for you.
    What sort of tire pressure do you run front and rear? I'm running the same tire in a 32" w/beadlocks.

Official Site Vendor
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    82 times
    I have found 12 PSI works really good. I was running lower pressure (8PSI) and broke a driveline and front axle rock crawling. The tires have too much grip at lower pressure unless you are careful with the throttle. If you use too muck parts break. I know first hand.

Love the tires, they are tough as nails and at a higher PSI, they will slip slightly instead of gripping and ripping.
    Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
    At The Store: discounttire.com
    To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
    I have found 12 PSI works really good. I was running lower pressure (8PSI) and broke a driveline and front axle rock crawling. The tires have too much grip at lower pressure unless you are careful with the throttle. If you use too muck parts break. I know first hand.

Love the tires, they are tough as nails and at a higher PSI, they will slip slightly instead of gripping and ripping.
    Interesting and good to know, perhaps I should only get the 120hp turbo...

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    357 times
    Haven't seen the STI Chicane RX tires mentioned. A friend runs them in desert racing and they do really well. Was leaning toward these In 32x15 but id like to hear more feedback if anyone has it.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm thinking about the Mongrels myself, friend of mine put 6k miles on his RZR with a set. Great reviews at 2Wheel.com

note: need to be DOT approved tire for me to purchase. eventually going street legal here in Michigan.
    Last edited by New XRS Guy; 04-05-2019 at 06:39 AM.
    2018 X3 XRS Turbo, EVO cat delete pipe, custom exhaust, EVO stage 3r tune.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    231 times
    I had the libertys on my popo and pre ran the 1000 after wards I discoverd my check engine light was the 4x4 circut so I basicaly ran about 90% of it in 2 wheel drive never had a problem thier dot and run smooth on the a/c at 70 I couldent believe I dident have 4 wheel drive because we went thru some pretty knarly terrain and the silt Ithought it was funny that I couldent get up on top it felt like it was plowing but we made it fine Id also look at the maxxis carnivoirs there a great tire and light for thier size
    Life doesent get much better than eating taco’s down at scorpian bay ,baja sur
    2018 x3 xrs/ smart lok,rugged radios,baga design squadron pro’s,afx alum. Lower doors,brp door handles, only had my car a couple weeks so more mods to come

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DuneFreak View Post
    Haven't seen the STI Chicane RX tires mentioned. A friend runs them in desert racing and they do really well. Was leaning toward these In 32x15 but id like to hear more feedback if anyone has it.
    I'm seeing the same thing, DOT approved also.. Like to hear if anyone tried them.
    2018 X3 XRS Turbo, EVO cat delete pipe, custom exhaust, EVO stage 3r tune.

Member #
    Liked
    3292 times
    Quote Originally Posted by New XRS Guy View Post
    I'm seeing the same thing, DOT approved also.. Like to hear if anyone tried them.
    I was on a ride a few weeks ago with a person running the 33" Chicane set up. The look really nice and he had no issues. We rode over 300 miles in the desert of California and Nevada. Went from Barstow (Slash X Cafe) to Primm, NV (Stateline) and drove around the Nevada desert the next day, then the following day back to Barstow. It is a good test for tires as there are rocky sections (sharp rocks), fast sections, sand washes and everything in between. Just no technical rock crawling.

The 33" tire on a 5" wide wheel makes for a tall tire set up. Looked really nice. I like that the Chicane has a round profile versus a flat profile like the Tensor Regulators.
    Mega made me get Skats and a tune
    Skats for life now

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links