Bolt on turbo upgrade for 2016 XDS maverick turbo
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Bolt on turbo upgrade for 2016 XDS maverick turbo within the Forced Induction forums, part of the Can-am Maverick Technical Discussions category; just looking for a little info on a turbo upgrade for my maverick xds turbo like the stage 6 that used to be offered by ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Denver Broncos
  • 1 Post By warlock
  • 1 Post By Cales

Thread: Bolt on turbo upgrade for 2016 XDS maverick turbo

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

just looking for a little info on a turbo upgrade for my maverick xds turbo like the stage 6 that used to be offered by many of the dealers. I am looking for more flow and faster spooling more low end grunt. does anyone also know the factory specs of the stock turbo A/R etc.. im thinking of looking into alternative turbos. precision, garret etc just wondering what my options are.

Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    Have you thought of putting in the N/A cams and doing a tune. Would be a much better option if your not shooting for big HP.
    kellyoc likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3526 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Denver Broncos View Post
    Have you thought of putting in the N/A cams and doing a tune. Would be a much better option if your not shooting for big HP.
    I have a set of cams you can buy.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    kellyoc likes this.
    2018 Can Am Max X3
    POOR MANS MINI TROPHY TRUCK

SKAT-TRAK WARLOCKS THE BEST SAND TIRE EVER. 10 PADDLE XTREME BLADES STAGGERED. 104" ROLL OUT.DWT WHEELS.BLOW BY CATCH CAN.KC GRAVITY 6 LED BAR.EVO STAGE 3 TUNE.EVO CAT DELETE.EVO BIG AIR INTAKE.KWI X34 CLUTCHKIT.TRIPLE X SEATS WITH 3 PERSON REAR BENCH.GALAXY TAB A 10".2X MOTORSPORTS BUMP STEER DELETE TIE ROD KIT.2X MOTORSPORTS GUSSET KIT.WHIPTECH LED LIGHTED WHIPS.NRG Suede Steering Wheel WITH QUICKRELEASE.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    thanks for the reply guys and to answer your question Denver yes I have thought about the N/A cams I want to do those I already have a tuner. I bought a maptuner X from evo jesse took care of me. but I am still wanting to upgrade the turbo mainly because like I mentioned its either a all or nothing with the OG turbo mavericks when riding I notice the Polaris and X3's booth seem to spool sooner. so for me and my ridding style that's the reason for the turbo swap. I also want to work to eventually running E85

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    506 times
    The N/A cams are worth about 10hp and the clutching has a lot to do spooling up the turbo. I built up a 200hp OG maverick with Kelly at KMS and the belt became the big issue but with the GBoost belts now you may be able to keep a belt alive. If you use a blow off valve set with a soft spring and set your wast gate around 10psi crack pressure. This allows the turbo to be spooling ( blowing out the blow off valve) when your only at partial throttle but when you put your foot down the turbo is already pushing air and the blow off closes creating instant boost. This isn't my idea but instead how PWRTune set up my X3 on e85.

My suggestion and please dont take offense because I had an OG mav with everything upgraded. If you want a hotrod UTV put the money your getting ready to spend in an X3, there is no comparison.
    Tmesic likes this.

Sponsored Links