Help with Blue Sea Fuse Block
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Help with Blue Sea Fuse Block within the Audio, Lighting and Electrical forums, part of the Can-am Maverick Technical Discussions category; I am going to attempt to install a Blue Sea 12 circuit fuse block on my X3 and wiring is not my strong suit. Curently ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KYXRC

Thread: Help with Blue Sea Fuse Block

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

I am going to attempt to install a Blue Sea 12 circuit fuse block on my X3 and wiring is not my strong suit. Curently I am only going to be using it for a lighted whip and light bar. My question is how do I power the fuse block so it isn't constantly on when the key is off. I will be installing rocker switches for both and didn't want the backlight for the rocker switches to always be drawing power.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    1005 times
    Install a relay between the main power supply and the fuse box, if you are pulling you power from the lugs next to the passenger seat install the trigger wire to the accessory lug also install a fuse on the power in to the relay so if anything shorts the fuse is close to the power supply
    Life doesent get much better than eating taco’s down at scorpian bay ,baja sur
    2018 x3 xrs/ smart lok,rugged radios,baga design squadron pro’s,onyx6,afx alum. Lower doors,brp door handles, Evo c/d + tune, wet sounds elite 10, aim belt temp, + way too much to list need more $$ not close to being done

Member #
    Liked
    461 times
    If you ever want to turn your whips on without turning power on you're going to have to wire your fuse block hot. FYI, you'll be fine with your rockers if its wired hot. You can wire your rocker LED's to only come on with ACC power on and when you toggle the switch.

2018.5 X3 Max XRS // Grove Fabworks, Aftermarket Assassins, Dynojet, CT front end, CA Tech, UMP, HSP, Rugged, Sandcraft, blah blah...

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Ok i determined I will use a continuous duty solenoid rather than a relay. My next question is can i just connect the rocker switches to the fuse block or would it be better to use relays and and connect the switches to a distribution block. Not sure if there is an advantage to either method

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    1005 times
    All depends on the draw or load that each switch will control for whips not a problen, rear chase light ok, baja designs squadron pro cubes ok anything with say 15 amps and under will be ok if you install 20 amp rockers
    Life doesent get much better than eating taco’s down at scorpian bay ,baja sur
    2018 x3 xrs/ smart lok,rugged radios,baga design squadron pro’s,onyx6,afx alum. Lower doors,brp door handles, Evo c/d + tune, wet sounds elite 10, aim belt temp, + way too much to list need more $$ not close to being done

Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    where are you intending on mounting it? i have a maverick sport and thinking about doing the same in a couple months or so. just looking around for about 5 or 10 minutes i am unsure about the best place to put one.
    Life's a game, play to win because no one gets out alive.

Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    This is the one I installed. Got it from Vent Racing. Comes with a bracket that bolts on behind driver, next to ECU, and already has pigtail for power and relay installed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Texasrider likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I installed a similar fuse block. I ran a hot wire off of the accessory port on the distribution 3 prong block next to the passenger seat. Only feeds when the key is on. Ran about a 10 or 8 gauge wire with a 40 amp fuse to the fuse block. Will post pic later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links