Wiring Help -- Please! Kenwood KAC-M1824BT
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Wiring Help -- Please! Kenwood KAC-M1824BT within the Audio, Lighting and Electrical forums, part of the Can-am Maverick Technical Discussions category; So I cheaped out on audio and decided to just buy a bluetooth amp and some speakers for the Mav X3 Max. Now I can't ...

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

So I cheaped out on audio and decided to just buy a bluetooth amp and some speakers for the Mav X3 Max. Now I can't figure out how to wire thing dang thing. There is no head unit, my iPhone acts as one by giving the signal to the amp remote.

I need help wiring it. What I want is to have it wired to where I can turn it on EVEN if the car is off and not keyed in. Could someone please tell me how to wire a switch to this thing? Should I use the accessory wire under the dash or the post in the middle console by passenger seat? I want a nice 5 pin rocker switch that will light up at night but not constantly be on like when the key is not on...how would I wire it?

I've attached the wire harness for the amp. 113M1824BT.PDF

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    To do it “right” you will need to run the rocker switch off the center “hot” post in the tunnel. However I don’t know the amp draw on this component and it may be more than what is recommended for the post. Usually amps are wired off the battery but again I can’t tell if you can get away with running it on the accessory post in the tunnel. If you are not comfortable doing the wiring yourself you may want to take it to someone who is. I recommend UTV stereo in Gilbert. Not cheap but they will do it right and honestly the piece of mind I got from them was worth every penny...... that and not being stuck in the middle of no where with a dead battery because I miss wired my electronics.

Sponsored Links