New to forum and Maverick suspension upgrades
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on New to forum and Maverick suspension upgrades within the Suspension forums, part of the Can-am Maverick Technical Discussions category; I just got a 2013 maverick xrs. My wife and I took it out riding on saturday. It was a rough trail and our friend ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: New to forum and Maverick suspension upgrades

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

I just got a 2013 maverick xrs. My wife and I took it out riding on saturday. It was a rough trail and our friend had a x3max turbo. He had his suspension tuned and was able to maintain double my speed on the trail. I would like to know what is the best option to upgrade my suspension to make a smoother ride. Thanks all for your advice!

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    4106 times
    Welcome from Tucson AZ. First, you're comparing apples to oranges. No matter what you do, it won't be in the same zip code unfortunately. Where are you located? I believe CT Raceworx in North Carolina still does great work with the older models. They're a Supporting Vendor too. Click on the forum tab, and scroll down until you find them, and give them a shout. Good luck.
    Tmesic and jasonhallen like this.
    2017 X3 XRS, 2019 X3 XRS

November 2018 Maverick of the Month
    UTV Inc equipped twice with "EVERYTHING"!

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    5156 times
    It will never be like your buddies car, not even close. Just being honest, its a waste of money trying. Tim
    Hollywood X3 and onkyo like this.
    Have a Delightful, Rainbowey, Unicorny day.

Love Tim

Me and My RC , whats good enough for other folk ain't good enough for me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1131 times
    Welcome from Nova Scotia Canada...like the rest have said you can't compare.
    Hollywood X3 likes this.
    18 yellow X3 Xds

16 Outty 1000R XT

13 Polaris 850 HO

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    4106 times
    Probably not the answers you wanted to hear, but we're honest. Once again, see if CT Raceworx can do anything, but it's very tough comparing anything to the X3 suspension. And even the X3 suspension needs to be worked on.
    onkyo likes this.
    2017 X3 XRS, 2019 X3 XRS

November 2018 Maverick of the Month
    UTV Inc equipped twice with "EVERYTHING"!

Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Congratulations on your new to you car. Unfortunately, it will never be a match for your friends X3. However, that doesn't mean it isn't a great car in it own right. You will have a blast learning to drive it to it's potential. I had tons of fun putting over 6000 miles on my 2013 XRS. Besides power, suspension is the biggest difference between the two. Some things you can do to maximize it's potential that won't cost anything is to adjust your shocks. To get the best ride quality with the stock shocks, the first thing to do is set the ride height. I recommend 11 inches under the skid plate in the rear and 11 3/4 inches under the flat part of the skid plate in the front. Next, turn your High speed dampening adjusters all the way out. Counterclockwise. Then turn the Low speed adjusters all the way out and then back in, clockwise, one turn. Finally, turn the rebound adjusters all the way in and then one turn out. This will give you a place to start. It should help the ride. I am assuming you have the stock Bighorn tires. If you have bigger tires then set your ride height a little higher. You can still do at least 80% of what an X3 can do in most circumstances. Just don't drive one and you won't know the difference. Good luck and have fun. Be safe!
    jasonhallen and onkyo like this.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    1113 times
    Welcome to the forum , as others have said in your current car its not going to ride like the x3, you can spend more than your car is worth trying , you could get a long travel set up and some nice king shocks new axles for the long travel larger tires and then clutch work , I had a kawi teryx after 1trip with my buddies with xps I figured I had a lot of work to do after pricing everything out went down to the dealer and left with a new xp enjoy your ride and have fun , save your bucks for a new car
    jasonhallen and onkyo like this.
    Life doesent get much better than eating taco’s down at scorpian bay ,baja sur
    2018 x3 xrs/ smart lok,rugged radios,baga design squadron pro’s,onyx6,afx alum. Lower doors,brp door handles, Evo c/d + tune, wet sounds elite 10, aim belt temp, + way too much to list need more $$ not close to being done

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    4730 times
    been there tried that with my 2013. HCR long travel suspension and King shocks couldn't fix the horrible Maverick suspension design. To be honest the X3 isn't perfect either but is light years ahead of the 13 mav.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I am in Vegas. Thanks for the reply.
    Hawk likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thank you. This will help. I understand I will never be close to his car. Just want to be a smoother ride. It is stock tires. It only has 45 hours on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links