Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Best long travel for OG max Turbo?

9K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Grassrootsracer77 
#1 ·
Who has experience with long travel kits on their OG max turbo? I am wanting more travel, wider stance, great handling, durability, and ability to get replacement joints/bushings. Would love the CT Kit, but no longer offered.
Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
My buddy did the Madrigal kit and he likes it.

#5 ·
No issues with shocks, I’ve got that covered. X3 max is too long for the woods of WV, and no duning here on the Eastcoast, or I’d have one.
I like the Madigan Kit, wanting feedback from those that have Madigan, HCR, Racertech, S3, and anything else. Not up for the reflex or superatv kit.
I had a 2014 max XRS, that was setup for all you could get without long travel.
Turbo max is IMO the best in the woods, just wanting more travel and some width for the speeds.

#6 ·
CT stopped making them or doesnt have any in stock ?.......they have the jig/setup.....did you ask them if the will make it special order ?

HCR and S3 have nice kits.....the CT kit is for sale on the Vivid Racing website

#9 ·
I disagree with the above reply and initial comment. AReed did a set for one of my 2 seat OG’s, wasn’t to my liking(not knocking his work! I have many components that are stellar) . The setup a buddy came up with is much better in the woods here on the EastCoast, flies flat every time, is smooth at speed, can fully adjust compression/rebound, and makes close to stock 64 and 72 X3’s feel pretty bad through the woods when ripping. I’m not new to the game, just polling for what others have found with LT kits on the OG 4 seaters. Looking for a little more low speed comfort with the family, and ability to turn it up when I want too.
If I want blistering fast in the woods, I take the 2 seat, which btw is stock width—not the maverick in my avatar...... I’m not against the X3 2 seat(one day I’ll add to the stable),just not wanting a 4 seat limo in the woods. Please go back to comments of experiences with Lt on OG 4 seat. Thank you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.