Clicking noise from front suspension - 2019 X3 Turbo R Xrs
Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Clicking noise from front suspension - 2019 X3 Turbo R Xrs within the Suspension forums, part of the Can-am Maverick Technical Discussions category; I just got the machine this weekend.. Put on a few miles , climbed a few rocks , nothin to serious. But after a few ...

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

I just got the machine this weekend.. Put on a few miles , climbed a few rocks , nothin to serious. But after a few miles an bumpy turns we started to here a clicking sound from time to time .. loudly obvious.. Anybody experience this situation?

Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Check the swaybar links

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks abs151.. Both links look tight and in place. Do you know what the torque on them link bolt/nuts should be?

4. Remove Advertisements
    MaverickForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    https://www.maverickforums.net/forum...ther-x3-s.html

If you cant find it in that link, there is a chart in the manual on the torques. I am pretty sure there is a few threads on this to you should search for about the problem you are having. I would also check all the bolts dealing with the swaybar, sometimes bolts are missing or not tight from what I have read from factory. Since you are hearing that it would be a good time to go over your car anyways. Good luck let us know

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Some have a clicking noise from the front sway bar moving from side to side and have installed collars on them to stop this. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. Link for the collars
    Life doesent get much better than eating taco’s down at scorpian bay ,baja sur
    2018 x3 xrs/ smart lok,rugged radios,baga design squadron pro’s,onyx6,afx alum. Lower doors,brp door handles, Evo c/d + tune, wet sounds elite 10, aim belt temp, + way too much to list need more $$ not close to being done

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks everyone... My 1st time on a forum.. Killer info... I tightened the drivers side sway bar link and click is gone... Thanks again!

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Hey guys new to the forum here and I've got 5 hrs on my machine and it's making this same noise. I've checked out the front sway bar and it definitely moves side to side. I'm wondering if anyone has just completely disconnected or removed the front sway bar altogether? And if so how does it affect positively or negatively the ride of this machine?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    3439 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mick79 View Post
    Hey guys new to the forum here and I've got 5 hrs on my machine and it's making this same noise. I've checked out the front sway bar and it definitely moves side to side. I'm wondering if anyone has just completely disconnected or removed the front sway bar altogether? And if so how does it affect positively or negatively the ride of this machine?

A lot of us have removed the front sway bar. But we have also had our suspension done too, so that takes away from the body roll you'll get when removing the front sway bar. With it removed, you get more articulation, that's the main positive. Negative as mentioned body roll. It really depends on where you drive your car.
    2017 X3 XRS, 2019 X3 XRS

November 2018 Maverick of the Month
    UTV Inc equipped twice with "EVERYTHING"!

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Thanks for the info! I live in the southeast and it's a lot of tight trails so I dont believe removing it would be bad for me. I removed the rear sway bar on my last SxS and loved it but I did always keep in the back of my mind that it was gone so that I didn't overdo it when traveling on roads between trails. I'm considering removing the front sway bar but maintaining the rear just so that the body roll is still maybe controlled somewhat.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    3439 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mick79 View Post
    Thanks for the info! I live in the southeast and it's a lot of tight trails so I dont believe removing it would be bad for me. I removed the rear sway bar on my last SxS and loved it but I did always keep in the back of my mind that it was gone so that I didn't overdo it when traveling on roads between trails. I'm considering removing the front sway bar but maintaining the rear just so that the body roll is still maybe controlled somewhat.

Drive it first connected, then just unbolt a link. Same as taking it off. Then if you don't like the way it feels, just bolt back on. If you like the way it feels, get rid of it. Definitely leave the rear bar on your car.
    2017 X3 XRS, 2019 X3 XRS

November 2018 Maverick of the Month
    UTV Inc equipped twice with "EVERYTHING"!

Sponsored Links