Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

I guess it's just me, but

This is a discussion on I guess it's just me, but within the General Maverick Discussions forums, part of the Can-am Maverick Forum category; What we can hope is that this model is called the XRS, instead of just the X because they intend to have multiple X packages, ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I guess it's just me, but

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    What we can hope is that this model is called the XRS, instead of just the X because they intend to have multiple X packages, such as the XXC, XMX and XMR ATV models. XXC would be very hard for me to say no to. For riding trails I would have to think long and hard on the Maverick vs the XP, with the Mavericks main advantage being my love of the V-twin and loyalty to Can Am, XP advantage being DPS and better 4WD.
    2011 Outlander XXC
    Hopefully a SxS soon

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkifiedD View Post
    What we can hope is that this model is called the XRS, instead of just the X because they intend to have multiple X packages, such as the XXC, XMX and XMR ATV models. XXC would be very hard for me to say no to. For riding trails I would have to think long and hard on the Maverick vs the XP, with the Mavericks main advantage being my love of the V-twin and loyalty to Can Am, XP advantage being DPS and better 4WD.

Already an XRS. It's the racing model that has upgraded Shocks and graphics like the Commander "X" model

Question: Do the Maverick come standard with Skid Plates? I see where there is an option for Aluminum, but I don't see where it states that any specific model comes with skids..................

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    i have to ask then,,, what is the commander for- if the mav is gonna have all the same stuff as the commander. I guess it wouldnt be compared to the xp or wildcat if it came like that. I agree power steering and what the hell qe to, it just sounds like some r trying to make it a commander again.
    on a side note the xp and wildcat dont have a winch or a receiver
    2013 maverick xrs, STM rage 3 primary/STM gen II secondary, Oem 1/2 windshield, stereo, super atv powersteering, 30" led light bar, dully led lights, led interior light, T-stats in dash for heated riding gear, soft top, USB port in center console, my own doors, Upper 1/2 windshield, soft rear window

2014 rzr xp1k white lightning, full lock n ride windsheild, aluminum sport roof, lower doors, rear Polly windsheild, upper doors, 30" light bar,

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    the mav, xp, wildcat are all pure sport machines that are capable of going trail/mud/crawling ect, but still there manly focused on race, hints the name pure sport.

Im not trying to fight here but y do u think some ppl were taking off all that stuff on the commanders...to make it more sporty and now they dont have to. now canam has both "pure sport" and "sport utility"
    2013 maverick xrs, STM rage 3 primary/STM gen II secondary, Oem 1/2 windshield, stereo, super atv powersteering, 30" led light bar, dully led lights, led interior light, T-stats in dash for heated riding gear, soft top, USB port in center console, my own doors, Upper 1/2 windshield, soft rear window

2014 rzr xp1k white lightning, full lock n ride windsheild, aluminum sport roof, lower doors, rear Polly windsheild, upper doors, 30" light bar,

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    My plan is to take the power steering off my Commander before I sell it and put it on my Maverick. I'm thinking it will bolt right on. Any thoughts?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by st222 View Post
    the mav, xp, wildcat are all pure sport machines that are capable of going trail/mud/crawling ect, but still there manly focused on race, hints the name pure sport.

Im not trying to fight here but y do u think some ppl were taking off all that stuff on the commanders...to make it more sporty and now they dont have to. now canam has both "pure sport" and "sport utility"

Nofight here either, Bubba. I guess we'll have to agree that we disagree.
    Ground clearance, Long Travel, QE front Diff, Increased HP and Power Steering goes a long way in the woods too.
    Some trails we travel or would like to travel on, the Commander wouldn't have 2 of the 4 wheels on the ground to even get started on for the most part. (Trail 10 Windrock, if I remember correctly). We all like to be challenged with our riding, but it's nice to know that you have a machine that is capable of going the distance. From what I've seen, none of the other manufacturers are capable of doing it either. I don't see any 1 manufacturer out there that is head and shoulders above the rest and It could have been with this 1 just by introducing another model "package", simply by using available OEM parts. I’m like OLDGUY, I run out of room to store take-off parts that you cannot recover 50% of your $ on

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    If anyone thinks Can-Ams target is anything but Dune/Desert folks with the Maverick Here is something I just saw on facebook. We’re Searching For The True Maverick | Can-Am Off-Road

We’re searching for the TRUE MAVERICK
    By now, you’ve seen or heard about the first-ever 101-horsepower SxS, the Can-Am Maverick ™. Although it’s not available in dealerships until spring, we know you want to ride one. We’re here to help with the chance of a lifetime.
    What does it take?
    We are looking for the TRUE MAVERICK to become immortalized as THE face of Can-Am SxS riding and star in his or her own online show!And here’s the best part — if you pass the show’s challenges, YOU’LL WIN A BRAND NEW MAVERICK. To be chosen, you have to be someone that stands out from the crowd. We’re not only looking for a great dune rider, but someone with an outgoing personality. If you are an outgoing person that makes friends easily and rides the dunes harder than anyone you know, find out how to enter below!
    Want to be famous and potentially win a brand new Maverick? Apply here!
    -Answer the following questions and email to canam.social@brp.com
    -Why do you deserve to be the True Maverick?
    -What has you most intrigued about the new Can-Am Maverick?
    -Describe your sand and dune riding experience.
    -What ATVs or SxS’s do you currently own?
    -Are you able to attend all four days of the following event?
    -Glamis, California, November 22-25
    -Include yourfull name, street address, city, state, zip code, and phone number in your email.
    -Send us any photos or video links you may have that help prove you are a True Maverick.
    Note: Proper safety gear and safe riding are required for consideration of videos and photos. If you don’t have a helmet and responsible riding gear, we won’t use the video or photo.
    HURRY! THE SEARCH ENDS OCTOBER 12!
    I turned read and highlighted what I was talking about in my earlier post. Also note the Email Addie this is a Can-Am sponsored give away.

Back to what I am was saying. My hope is Can-Am will release a Trail version of the Maverick with some or all of the options we all are talking about if they want the trail side of the market. As the Maverick sits right now it is a Dune and Desert Race machine. Not a hill climbing, trail riding mud bogging monster a lot of us out east would want.
    XTCntn likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cnutter View Post
    If anyone thinks Can-Ams target is anything but Dune/Desert folks with the Maverick Here is something I just saw on facebook. We’re Searching For The True Maverick | Can-Am Off-Road

I turned read and highlighted what I was talking about in my earlier post. Also note the Email Addie this is a Can-Am sponsored give away.

Back to what I am was saying. My hope is Can-Am will release a Trail version of the Maverick with some or all of the options we all are talking about if they want the trail side of the market. As the Maverick sits right now it is a Dune and Desert Race machine. Not a hill climbing, trail riding mud bogging monster a lot of us out east would want.

I concur with your comment 100% and still gonna wait a while. I've got a ride, not looking and not settling for less than I want. Whoever comes up with it by spring or early summer next year, will "win/earn" some of my hard earned $$$s

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I submitted my entry and said I didn't have any experience with dunes but if I had a Maverick I would get some. LOL

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cnutter View Post
    I submitted my entry and said I didn't have any experience with dunes but if I had a Maverick I would get some. LOL

I'm gonna submit an entry and tell them I played in the sandbox a whole lot when I was a kid

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links