Can-Am Maverick Forum - Powered by vBulletin

New skat-trak 30" x 14 paddle tire.

This is a discussion on New skat-trak 30" x 14 paddle tire. within the Wheels and Tires forums, part of the Can-am Maverick Technical Discussions category; Hey Guys Skat-Trak has been working on this one for a while now and Came up with a new Tire that starts life out as ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New skat-trak 30" x 14 paddle tire.

Member #
    Liked
    151 times

New skat-trak 30" x 14 paddle tire.

Hey Guys Skat-Trak has been working on this one for a while now and Came up with a new Tire that starts life out as a 6ply tire.
    Here are the specs for the 30" tire Skat-Trak made for me The casing 30x14* they installed 9 Extreme paddles on it.* The tire weight was 20.2 lbs The wheel weight is 10.1 lbs.* The tire and wheel mounted weighed 30.3 lbs. The roll out with 10 lbs of air pressure was 90" exactly measuring The height of the tire from the floor measured 28 1/2" tall.** Ouch* thats huge my Tire is 2lbs heavier with the Rim than a STU. WOW!!!* especially when you add it up.* Every one here can probably agree that the STUs have a lot of excess* Rotating mass and unsprung weight hanging out there Correct.* So what tire and wheel combination will Accelerate faster* and handle better.** That being said, you argue that the heavy 4 ply STUs are better for dunning how is that when a lighter tire combo accelerates faster and runs higher speeds.* You say what?** The Skat lays over and doesn't get the traction.* Really!** If they laid over that far they would come off the beads.* The only time i see tire off the beads is after a crash. So for Dune riding I don't see the need for a bead lock wheel.
    I stopped by Skat-Trak on Thursday and they had a nice looking STI wheel 14" that weighed in at 12 I think so that's not to bad for a good looking wheel. but not as light as the Spun Wheels. I see the 50 Caliber Bead locks Weigh in pretty damn light to. so there's a few good choices out there.

Im going refer you to call Tim Kelly at Extreme Tire in Phoenix Az at 602-576-1043
    Name:  skat 1.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  57.2 KB

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    70 times
    Lat us know how it work out for you.... I would love to run the same sized sand tire as dirt so maybe the clutch wouldn't need drastic re-tuning every trip.

My OE beadlock XRS wheel/Skat 26x12.50/12 extreme 8 paddle weighs 27.45lb......

Member #
    Liked
    151 times
    Your Xrs beadlocks and Skats are a great combination.
    M@VR!CK likes this.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    576 times
    I will be using the factory Xrs beadlock rims as well. I was also thinking the same thing about the weight. A little lighter is ok but too much less and you need to retune your clutch to be perfect. Last yr the Mav went everywhere in Glamis with the stock bighorns, so a few pounds lighter would probably work really good.
    2013 Maverick Xrs,Magnum Off-Road custom radius cage with alum top, custom opening doors, front & rear bumpers, QSC primary/STM secondary,Ceramic coated Muzzy exhaust w/digi-tuner, PRP Can-Am seats, PRP 5 point harness',Totron 40" LED bar, sport low mode, UTV inc front gusset kit,fan override kit & billet rear view mirror,HID headlight bulbs,Holz Racing front tie rods, Turnkey front & rear panels, Turnkey Intake, Rugged Radio w/357 intercom & Ipod, 12" Black Hiper sidewinder2 rims w/yellow beadlock rings and STU Blaster rear paddles & front razors. Pro-Line vinyl wrapped side panels.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    576 times
    Hey Warlock, do you work for skat trak?
    2013 Maverick Xrs,Magnum Off-Road custom radius cage with alum top, custom opening doors, front & rear bumpers, QSC primary/STM secondary,Ceramic coated Muzzy exhaust w/digi-tuner, PRP Can-Am seats, PRP 5 point harness',Totron 40" LED bar, sport low mode, UTV inc front gusset kit,fan override kit & billet rear view mirror,HID headlight bulbs,Holz Racing front tie rods, Turnkey front & rear panels, Turnkey Intake, Rugged Radio w/357 intercom & Ipod, 12" Black Hiper sidewinder2 rims w/yellow beadlock rings and STU Blaster rear paddles & front razors. Pro-Line vinyl wrapped side panels.

Supporting Member
    Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    70 times
    Quote Originally Posted by warlock View Post
    Your Xrs beadlocks and Skats are a great combination.
    They worked fine up at Coos, but I think a 10" rear/7-8" front would make it a little more stable. I had a problem with chopping off the tops of jumps and thought 30's would fix that.....My wife gets grouchy when I feed her sand!

Member #
    Liked
    470 times
    Quote Originally Posted by desertdog View Post
    . Last yr the Mav went everywhere in Glamis with the stock bighorns, so a few pounds lighter would probably work really good.
    my rhino went everywhere with stock tires to

its how fast ur getting there my friend ! lol

-offroad toys-
    04. Jeep Wrangler Unlimited LJ , Locked & Loaded !
    99. 1100 JetSki
    -Sold-
    2013 maverick xrs
    2007 rhino se
    3 banshee's
    2 raptors
    1 warrior
    1 blaster
    yz125
    lt250r
    crf150
    crf100

Member #
    Liked
    151 times
    Quote Originally Posted by desertdog View Post
    Hey Warlock, do you work for skat trak?
    No I don't work for them. lol they could not afford me. But I do Experiment with tires and there the only Tire that performs the Best in the Sand. I used to try different stuff that came out but I always go back to the Skat-Trak tires because they work the Best. The guys at Fullerton gave me a line of Bull a few years back and talked to me like they were the Authority on sand tires and I was an Idiot and let me tell you what that Guy dave is full of crap and Im not Drinkin the Grape Kool-Aid he Sells.
    He sells a Cheap Chinese Molded STU that makes him the Most Gross profit vs the Skat Trak . What do you think he wants to sell a tire that makes say for example a $100 profit or a tire that makes $300. that's a no Brainer. He sells the STUs combo all the way around for $2300 + Tax. OUCH. No wonder the Guys that own them Defend them and say how great they are. LOL cause they Got Sold........

Member #
    Liked
    470 times
    Quote Originally Posted by warlock View Post
    No I don't work for them. lol they could not afford me. But I do Experiment with tires and there the only Tire that performs the Best in the Sand. I used to try different stuff that came out but I always go back to the Skat-Trak tires because they work the Best. The guys at Fullerton gave me a line of Bull a few years back and talked to me like they were the Authority on sand tires and I was an Idiot and let me tell you what that Guy dave is full of crap and Im not Drinkin the Grape Kool-Aid he Sells.
    He sells a Cheap Chinese Molded STU that makes him the Most Gross profit vs the Skat Trak . What do you think he wants to sell a tire that makes say for example a $100 profit or a tire that makes $300. that's a no Brainer. He sells the STUs combo all the way around for $2300 + Tax. OUCH. No wonder the Guys that own them Defend them and say how great they are. LOL cause they Got Sold........

very true

I cant believe people spend that much on those things they look like they come free with a joyner purchase !

-offroad toys-
    04. Jeep Wrangler Unlimited LJ , Locked & Loaded !
    99. 1100 JetSki
    -Sold-
    2013 maverick xrs
    2007 rhino se
    3 banshee's
    2 raptors
    1 warrior
    1 blaster
    yz125
    lt250r
    crf150
    crf100

Member #
    Liked
    151 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
    very true

I cant believe people spend that much on those things they look like they come free with a joyner purchase !
    Yeah no kidding a joyner is right. $2500 for those things what a joke. Really Any performance minded guy can understand that a light weight tire and wheel combination like the Skat-trak will walk away from the heavy and flat tire profile of the STU. Fullerton Pushes the STUs because the STUs make the most money for them. PERIOD. Suckers now own the STUs and they defend there bad Buy to the End LOL. Buyers Remorse ..
    Don't Drink the FSS Kool-Aid. lemmings.
    Lighter is faster weather your dunning or running the flats or climbing Hills.
    Name:  20130929_110258.jpg
Views: 702
Size:  880.8 KB
    Last edited by warlock; 09-30-2013 at 12:35 AM.
    Benzo and CrazyCooter like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links